• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 39: Embassy Park + Downtown

Sign in to follow this  
kj3400

My slow updating is certainly something to behold. But enough reflection. Let's look at the capital. Today's update is mostly on Embassy Park, a project I had put on one of my to-do lists and promptly said 'screw you' to. But I finally finished (...enough to show) so let's do this.

Embassy Park as you would imagine, is an area housing embassies for countries in the USNW. So far, embassies for 6 countries have been built with more on the way.

This building has a lot of history. In the past it was used as a palace for rulers selected by Trentannia, when Paradise was a monarchy dependency. It also served as a horseguard parade ground. Of course when Paradise won their independance, they wanted to distance themselves from a monarchy and so abandoned the palace, building Government Hill farther south, although still on the same line as the palace. Today the palace is still home to the horseguard parade grounds, only now for the president. The palace itself was converted into a commons area for the ambassadors to Paradise, as well as a museum focusing on the rule under the Rokes (the ancestors of most of Paradise, a race that settled in Paradise around 2000 BC) and Trentannia.

johnson_capitol_city-jun._15__1141344037904.png

This building houses the administrative offices of each nation that has an embassy here as well as the Foreign Affairs Department. Although most of the work for each individual nation is done in its respective building, the Foreign Affairs Department has the administrative work done here in order to get from having to run across Government Pkwy, which is quite busy, even this far north.

johnson_capitol_city-jun._11__1141344037885.png

The embassy of Okaiken (on left) and of New Chandler (on right).

johnson_capitol_city-mar._26__1141344037749.png

The embassies of Zhung and New Terrance.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._24__1141344037733.png

The three buildings on the left currently house ambassadors of countries who currently don't have embassies as they have requested custom buildings, those countries being Grand Aescail, the Dantanean Confederation, Acadia, Posillipo and Follvirkeland.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._22__1141344037723.png

The temporary embassy of the Imperial Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra and Malo. For some reason, Posilliponian architecture isn't popular in Paradise and it's taking longer than usually to get approval to build it.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._25__1141344037740.png

With that out the way, I wanna show some night pics of downtown Johnson City, which I've finally gotten about 100k residents.

East Station district.

johnson_capitol_city-nov._1__1151344048995.png

The Capitol. Never showed it at night before.

johnson_capitol_city-nov._3__1151344049018.png

West Park. Not very imaginative of a name, but it works.

johnson_capitol_city-oct._26__1151344048945.png

The rapidly growing (as in vertically) Financial District.

johnson_capitol_city-oct._28__1151344048966.png

johnson_capitol_city-oct._30__1151344048978.png

Finally a mosaic of Embassy Park.

jc_mosaic.png

Enj-OH

One more thing for you.

Since Embassy Park is finished....

pararail_announcement.png

Enjoy!!

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments