Columbus Indiana

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Columbus International Airport Remodel

Sign in to follow this  
Harden

The Airport has been over capacity for several years now. This once small city has exploded like cities you see out in the south west. Nobody could of predicted Columbus to have a metro area of over 500,000 when 20 years ago it only had 80,000.

A part of the I-665 project was for better access to the Airport, and sense that has been completed, construction started immediately on the new passenger terminal, and new runways were installed as well. Mayor San Trippy said, "From what we can see, Columbus is going to continue to grow. We need an airport that will be able to handle the capacity that this region will bring." Sims from nearby cities like Greensburg, North Vernon, Seymour, Bedford, and some sims from Franklin even, use this airport frequently.

Before and after pictures as displayed.

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Just finished looking through all your posts so far. Your region looks quite nice, and it looks like you've done a nice job of blending reality with SC4. My favorite was the whole destroyed neighborhood of rich folks who were rewarded with mansions elsewhere for being good sports. If only :) And I also like that you label your major roads. I think I may do that in my towns, although I think sometimes the labels went a little overboard (like 6 Airport Parkway signs). Keep up the good work!

Share this comment

Thanks guys! @iamihop I labeled them close so if I were to take a zoomed in shot a label would be there, but I agree, it's a bit much with a zoomed out shot like this one, and I'm glad you like it all!

Share this comment