Heimen

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bijsterborch Castle

Sign in to follow this  
vivapanda

La réponse:

Damn... i've no idea on how to make my subway chart... You've nice lines there, meanwhile my lines do loops and look crazy even if they've a very valid logic behind them. Nice work.

@Moskva: I’ve send you a PM, I hope it will help you!

Incredibly nice done there!

@Sucram17: Thanks a lot! =D

bannerxdx.jpg

I’ve been preparing this update for quite a long time but suddenly temperatures rose and I went out all day on random bike trips exploring the area I live; I discovered an abandoned railway station and much more exciting stuff. =D For those who are interested, I posted some pictures on instagram you can find me as @michael_nagel. But now: on to the update!

bijster.png

Today we’re visiting Bijsterborch. Remains of older castles are dating back to the 9th century, the contemporary one is from the 13th century. It had a strategic funtion as it was guarding the Bijster Lake but is was also situated at the crossing of multiple trade routes across Heimen.

These days it’s no longer part of the Heimic defense but a major attraction to tourist in the Middelheimen province. The castle sits high on the hill top and offers spectacular views of the Lake. Fertile fields roll gently down the hill towards the fresh water of the lake. For those who arrive to Heimen by airplane, have a good look to the north when you arrive at Alex II international airport as you can see the castle towers on clear days just before the plane touches down.

Why don’t you have a look at the castle, you can stroll around on the many bike and walking paths trough the fields, have a dive in the cold refreshing water and dry your self in the sun with a delicious ice cream at the Donjon square inside the castle walls. After walk trough centuries of history in the museum, exhibiting unique expositions about the castle life. For those who want to see even more of the castle rooms are available in the Keep it self. Or go on a mid night walk, who dares to wander around the castle, lit by flares and perhaps inhabited by ghosts?

Please click on all the pictures to view them in all their full resolution glory :D

Oh and play this song, “played by the castle band” for the complete medieval experience!

1.jpg

86314823.png

59840763.png

Mega mosaic/panorama, don't forget do click to see it in full size:

4kopie.png

*Subtly sponsored by HeimenTourism*

touristich.png

As it’s looks like right now you shouldn’t expect any update in the next three weeks as I go on holiday and have other activities, so everyone: have a happy summe! (Or enjoy your winter if you live down under!)

Comments are higly appreciated, so please leave one if you have time (:

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments