Confluence Region

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sculpting Nature, Part 1

grstudios

confluencetitlecardcopy.jpg

Good day, Simtropolis viewers!
Today i'll start showing methods I use to create the region. I haven't experienced and/or practiced the craft of plopping MMP's until last week... Nevertheless I think I got the idea. Remarkes regarding my nature plopping, good or bad, are welcomed by me.

Replies:
Blunder, Simul8ter8, Schulmanator: Thanks for watching, I hope you will like the rest.
IL.: I use RFR ploppable water, found It's quite tricky to plop, especially at slopes, but it's worth it.
SimCoug: Thanks for the tip. I will try to blend more trees in the future, but for now I am trying to create dense forests, usually made from 2-3 kinds of trees. I have seen that many times, forests may be very repetative...  :}

confluencegeneralview.jpg
//////////////////////////////////
Shaping A River:
I picked a region abundant with ravines. So, I have to plop many streams accordingly.
In this tile alone I had to plop about 15 streams, 4 of which continue to the next tile and require loads of work on them.  o.O
This is one of those four. I begin with plopping RFR water and some Murimk bedrock along them.

capture0061507201201470.jpg

Next, I lay NBVC rocks along the river banks. Notice the small rapids I added near the edge of the tile.

capture0012007201214500.jpg

I plop different flowers and weeds near the river, most of them originate from the ALN pasture flora.
Pine trees follow the higher parts of the ridge, while maple/oak trees grow near the streams.

capture0052007201218394.jpg

////////////////////////////
River Scenes:
Two streams merge into the major river.

capture0252307201204013.jpg

Further downstream, a small marsh is formed as the river bends.

capture0112407201221433.jpg

Finally, the river spills into the major artery, leading to the bay, about 1.5 mile west of here.

capture0092407201221431.jpg

////////////////////////////
River Mosaic:

eastrivermosaic.jpg

Long update, isn't it? Part 2 will be uploaded in the weekend.
Thanks for watching/commenting.

5 Comments

Recommended Comments