• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Okaiken V1 (Archive)

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

XIV • Opening Ceremony

Sign in to follow this  
Tonraq

Konnichiwa and Welcome to Okashi, the Capital of Okaiken and also the hosts of this year's Summer Adonian Games, A Celebration of Sport Around the world. Today is an amazing day, as this is the Opening Ceremony of the XL Certaminnanium, live here at Sentoku Park Stadium. This is Update XIV of Okaiken.

background_1.png

***NOTE:This update is a multimedia presentation and contains 100+ images in a PNG format, so Please Wait for Everything to Load Properly. It is Not Recommended to skip any parts of this presentation.***

Instructions on Multimedia:

If you see this picture, it is recommended to click on the image to open the link to the audio file. You will be redirected into a new tab which contains the audio file.

songbar_8.png

[flash(800,400)]

If you see a video below the photograph, please play the video file.

previously.png

prev2xiv.png

prev3xiv.png

We were presented by another Visit to the Central Okashi, as we were greeted by tall, bamboo-like skyscrapers that spread like Vermin into the Very Small River Island. Meanwhile Okashi prepares to show the best of its areas as the Adonian Games Opening Ceremony closes in. Will Okashi Live Up to it's expectations?

update_xiv.png

First off, A big thank you to YingBlanc and Jack3oh3 for their contributions. Their work is greatly appreciated. Sorry about the Long Wait :boggle:

*This is a Special Presentation of CDS Sports*

Good Afternoon and Welcome to Okashi for this great celebration of sport around the world, the Adonian Games, live on top of the Adonian Games Broadcast Center on top of the tallest Skyscraper in Okaiken, the Soma Center, overlooking the beautiful Sentoku Park. I'm Kenjin Sato.

And I'm Asami Hiroyuna.

We will return in the Sentoku Park Stadium in a moment but first these messages.

Kenjin: Welcome back. In a few short moments the Adonian Games Opening Ceremony will commence. Please Enjoy the Show!

Ladies and Gentlemen, We are only two minutes from the Opening Ceremony of Okashi 2012 Adonian Summer Games!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Okashi 2012 Adonian Summer Games!

opening_ceremony_1.png

Asami: Red Paint Drips begins to show up in the floor. It actually symbolizes Okashi as an important cultural capital of Adonia, with the paint drips symbolizing dedication, hard work and sacrifice.

Kenjin: Looks like blood drips to me...

Asami: Actually, it caused controversy when samples of the opening ceremony were shown to the public because it looks like dripping blood. The OOC stated that since red is one of Okaiken's most important colors, they would not change the color of the paint drips.

opening_ceremony_2.png

Kenjin: More paint drips appear on the floor of the Sentoku Park Stadium. The floor is actually a technological marvel on its own since this is the first time a 3-Dimensional Holograph was used in such a large scale.

opening_ceremony_3.png

opening_ceremony_4.png

opening_ceremony_5.png

Asami: The stadium floor is starting to fill out with more paint drips...

opening_ceremony_6.png

Kenjin: And it appears that a white stroke is starting to appear

Asami: It looks like it's the Okashi 2012 Logo.

opening_ceremony_7.png

opening_ceremony_8.png

opening_ceremony_9.png

opening_ceremony_10.png

Kenjin: Yes it is... On the other hand, fireworks appear and the countdown for the Opening Ceremony Begins Now.

opening_ceremony_11.png

opening_ceremony_12.png

firwrokscopy.jpg

okashifixed.png

Asami: As the music begins, the background also changes and text begins to appear on the stadium floor.

Kenjin: On a side note, the music is actually performed by the Yoshida Brothers, who will perform later tonight in the Artistic Segments. They also composed the theme music of the Adonian Games.

opening_ceremony_15.png

opening_ceremony_16.png

Kenjin: The Countdown is about to begin!

opening_ceremony_17.png

opening_ceremony_18.png

opening_ceremony_19.png

opening_ceremony_20.png

opening_ceremony_21.png

opening_ceremony_22.png

opening_ceremony_23.png

opening_ceremony_24.png

opening_ceremony_25.png

opening_ceremony_26.png

opening_ceremony_27.png

Welcome to Okashi, My Friends

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome His Imperial Highness the Emperor of Okaiken, followed by His Wife, Her Imperial Highness the Empress of Okaiken, and Mr. James Matheson, Head of the International Adonian Games Comittee.

Asami: His Imperial Highness the Emperor enters, along with his wife and their 2 children. Also accompanying the emperor is the Prime Minister of Okaiken, Tasagutsu Jobei; and Hiroshi Yamashita, head of the Okaiken Organising Committee, who brought the Adonian Games to Okashi this year over Taichung.

Please Welcome the Okaiken Police Force as they present the Flag of Okaiken.

opening_ceremony_28.png

Kenjin: The Okaiken Police Force enters with the Flag of Okaiken...

opening_ceremony_29.png

Please Rise For the National Anthem of Okaiken.

opening_ceremony_30.png

Kenjin: We'll be back after these short messages.

Asami: Welcome back. The artistic segment is about to begin. We'll take you back live to Sentoku Park Stadium.

opening_ceremony_31.png

Kenjin: In this section of the Artistic Segment, it represents the Journey Around the Planet, from the beginning of life to the present day. It seems that a model of the planet is starting to rise.

Asami: This section of the artistic segment seems to be a little more different than the others we have seen over the past Adonian Games.

opening_ceremony_32.png

opening_ceremony_33.png

opening_ceremony_34.png

opening_ceremony_35.png

opening_ceremony_36.png

opening_ceremony_37.png

opening_ceremony_38.png

opening_ceremony_39.png

Kenjin: We'll be back in a few short moments but first these messages.

songbar_5.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HL5wYqAbU

opening_ceremony_40.png

Asami: This is a more traditional piece, performed by the Kodo Group of Okaiken, a well known percussion club, and Kenjin those drums are very big indeed.

Kenjin: Indeed, and some of the performers need serious strength just to produce these drums

opening_ceremony_41.png

Asami: As you can see, we are starting to see one of Okaiken's mythical creatures, the Sanese Water Dragon, which is rotating quickly around the performers.

opening_ceremony_42.png

opening_ceremony_43.png

opening_ceremony_44.png

opening_ceremony_45.png

Kenjin: Another of Okaiken's most revered creatues, the Koi, appears on the floor of the Sentoku Park Stadium. It appears to be surrounding the water dragon, which I believe represents the Inland Sea of Mitoyagi while the Koi Fish Represents the 4 major cities in Okaiken: Haru, Iban, Okashi and Toyoshi, all located on the shores of the Inland Sea of Mitoyagi.

opening_ceremony_46.png

opening_ceremony_47.png

Asami: Another Fantastic Conclusion to the Performance by the Kodo Drummers. Now We are treated with more fireworks, a symbol of Okaiken being born with fire.

opening_ceremony_48.png

opening_ceremony_49.png

opening_ceremony_50.png

opening_ceremony_51.png

Asami: We'll be right back after a short break but first your local news update.

Kenjin: Welcome back to the Opening Ceremony, as we prepare for the Journey inside Okaiken, from nature, to small towns, to castles, each showing the history of Okashi from it's humble beginnings as a fishing hamlet to a major town to the modern metropolis.

songbar_6.png

Asami: The Yoshida Brothers Perform their second instrumental tonight with "Fuyu no Sakura", also known as Cherry Blossoms in Winter. Also, the performance begins with a person fishing on the banks of the Okashi River, Okaiken's largest river and an important artery of the Okashi Valley.

opening_ceremony_52.png

opening_ceremony_53.png

Kenjin: It seems like that the spirit of the fisherman lights up different spots of the stadium. The spirit symbolizes light and the high spirits of Okashians

Asami: That's right Kenjin, also, the spirit also represents travel and trade, symbolizing Okashi's role in the economy of the small kingdom.

opening_ceremony_54.png

opening_ceremony_55.png

opening_ceremony_56.png

opening_ceremony_57.png

opening_ceremony_58.png

opening_ceremony_59.png

Kenjin: According to legends and tales, the location you are seeing right now are the "Pointed Rocks", where the settlers established the little community of Oka.

opening_ceremony_60.png

Asami: It seems like the forest disappeared, and I can see a little bit of housing in there.

opening_ceremony_61.png

Kenjin: You are right. Now we see Okashi on the site of the "pointed" rocks, which is now replaced by a booming willage. Also, little boats begin to appear and crowd the shores of Okashi, which symbolizes the fertility of the river, which is home to thousands of fish.

opening_ceremony_62.png

Asami: It seems like the village disappears. but the music continues playing.

opening_ceremony_63.png

opening_ceremony_64.png

opening_ceremony_65.png

Kenjin: Enjoy the fireworks and we'll be back after these short messages.

Kenjin: Welcome Back. We continue on with the Artistic Segment while Asami leaves us as she was selected as one of the cauldron lighters.

opening_ceremony_66.png

Kenjin: A number of people wearing Kendo armor has now entered the floor of the Sentoku Park Stadium while smoke also begins to flow on the stadium. A faint figure of the Okashi Castle can also be seen.

opening_ceremony_67.png

Kenjin: A number of people wearing Kendo armor has now entered the floor of the Sentoku Park Stadium while smoke also begins to flow on the stadium. A faint figure of the Okashi Castle can also be seen.

opening_ceremony_68.png

Kenjin: We can now see the castle more clearly now...

opening_ceremony_69.png

opening_ceremony_70.png

Kenjin: Another Spectacular Performance by the Kendo Masters.

Kenjin: We are again presented with more fireworks, followed by a performance onboard a ship, which depicts the arrival of foreigners

opening_ceremony_71.png

opening_ceremony_72.png

opening_ceremony_73.png

opening_ceremony_74.png

Kenjin: We'll be right back after a short break!

opening_ceremony_75.png

Kenjin: Our final portion of the artistic segment is about the formation of Okaiken's three main alphabet styles: Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana. Kanji is first to appear on the floor of th stadium...

opening_ceremony_76.png

Kenjin: ... Followed by Hiragana...

opening_ceremony_77.png

Kenjin: ... And Katakana.

opening_ceremony_78.png

opening_ceremony_79.png

opening_ceremony_80.png

opening_ceremony_81.png

Kenjin: As the written elements in the stadium resulted in the logo of the Adonian Games, This means that the Artistic Segment has ended.

opening_ceremony_82.png

opening_ceremony_83.png

Kenjin: The logo continues to rise.

opening_ceremony_84.png

opening_ceremony_85.png

Kenjin: And we are treated with more pyrotechnics.

opening_ceremony_86.png

opening_ceremony_87.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Parade of Nations!

opening_ceremony_88.png

Kenjin: We'll be right back from Okashi.

Please Welcome the masters of each Okaiken Sport: Ikeburo Sakamura - Men's Judo; Mako Arakawa - Men's Karate; Junichiro Saikabara - Sumo Wrestling; Ranmaru Izunada - Women's Judo; Toshige Wakarami - Kendo and Yoshihiko Nobukate - Men's Judo as they bring the Adonian Games Flag

opening_ceremony_89.png

Kenjin: The Okaiken Masters now bring the Adonian Games Flag to be flown alongside the Sanese Flag.

opening_ceremony_90.png

opening_ceremony_91.png

Please Rise For the Adonian Games Anthem

opening_ceremony_92.png

opening_ceremony_93.png

Please Welcome Asami Hiroyuna as she will recite the Athlete's Oath.

opening_ceremony_94.png

Please Welcome The Honourable Tetsugo Shima as he will recite the Judge's Oath.

opening_ceremony_95.png

opening_ceremony_96.png

opening_ceremony_97.png

opening_ceremony_98.png

opening_ceremony_99.png

opening_ceremony_cent01.png

opening_ceremony_cent02.png

opening_ceremony_cent03.png

opening_ceremony_cent04.png

opening_ceremony_cent05.png

opening_ceremony_cent06.png

opening_ceremony_cent07.png

opening_ceremony_cent08.png

opening_ceremony_cent09.png

opening_ceremony_cent10.png

opening_ceremony_cent11.png

opening_ceremony_cent12.png

opening_ceremony_cent13.png

Kenjin: And that concludes it folks! See you Tomorrow in Okashi!

Replies:

Fox - Thanks! Glad You Replied

TekindusT - After a long wait, here it is!

Schulmacat - Thanks! You're cool too :P

Hokkodo - hA Thanks!

Adooxx - Well, here it is :P

Bobo - Thank You!

NMUSpidey - Thanks and Congrats! :)

westy177 - Thanks for commenting!

dubaidude303 - Thanks, I appreciate it D:

Hokkodo - Me too xDxDxD

Towerdududu - tabawa D:

TekindusT - xDxD Thanks

testuser1234 - Thanks for the appreciation :)

Kurty - Thanks!

MilitantRadical - Thanks, I really worked hard on that pond

escil - Thanks dude!

MegaBuilder6 - Thanks!

rugeley123 - Yeah :P

Mamaluigi - Thanks for the comment! I like Picture 3 too :)

JCmustng11 - Thanks!

Replies From this Update Will be Featured in a Top Secret Project.

Sign in to follow this  

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Excuse me one moment,
-heads down to the basement to grab jaw, adjusts it back on face and heads back upstaris-

You have gained all my respect, and then some 30! ;)

Share this comment

Woah Carl! This deserves my awesomeness review. BLOOD! Blood everywhere!!! :D My favorite part is the blood and the logo! Impressive.

Share this comment

Hands down the most impressive post I've ever seen on Simtropolis. Absolutely incredible what you did with post-effects and same goes for the presentation.

Share this comment

Only one word: EPIC

I've seen several opening ceremonies during my SC4 time, and I have to confess something. Until today, I thought I'd never see again something as impressive as [b]Peter[/b] have show us during the XIII Simlympics. But you, Sir, made it.

My most sincere congratulations.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections