• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

2. Palacio Imperial and surroundings

SC4L0ver

Before starting with the update, it's time for...

Replies

Vivapanda: Thanks!! you won't be disappointed with this new update. :golly:

TowerDude: Thank you!! Those traffic crossings with the yellow grid are custom textures made by me, and I try to use as much custom content as possible in my cities, as you will see

keder: thank you!!

colco2121: thanks!! :golly:

TekindusT: Gracias!!

westy177: They are custom content, and I won't release it, because they are non functional eyecandy lots, i mean they aren't TE or cosmetic pieces so traffic can't go through them.

Simul8ter8: Thanks!! European average GDPs are quite high :D

Now we ended with the replies so we start our tour:

Today, we visit the Imperial Palace of Vistalegre, that was the Emperor's residence between the XVIIIth century, when it was built and late XIXth century, when a new palace was built in the outskirts of the city because of the capital's growth. Now it's a major tourist attraction in the city.

palacio1.jpg

The Imperial Square was constructed in the early XIXth century. In its middle, a statue of José III, the Emperor who built this palace, was erected.

plaza2r.jpg

plaza1d.jpg

An overview of the square

plaza3r.jpg

Now, let's take a look to the palace gardens, right behind

jardines1.jpg

And in the other side of the gardens, the Plaza de la Unión (Union square), built to conmemorate the union of the former kingdoms, with the two obelisks.

jardines2.jpg

A closeup...

mosaico1c.jpg

Now back in the Imperial Square, we find the Edificio de la Cancillería Imperial, where the administrative business of the Empire was made.

cancilleria.jpg

And the Imperial Square is also the place where the Vía Imperial (Imperial Way), Vistalegre's longest avenue starts.

viaimp.jpg

To end our tour, a mosaic of the whole palace and imperial square.

mosaico2l.jpg

P.S. Credits to Debussyman for making these outstanding BATs, the Reichstag and the Bâtiments de la Concorde (Palace and Cancillería here)

Hope you liked it!!! :golly:

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

Some shots of this update have reminded me an excellent CJ we had around some time ago, called [i]Berlin[/i] by [b]kelistmac[/b]. You seem to have inherited a part of this CJ, full of beauty and realism, combined with a fantastic lotting!

Share this comment

uno de los mejores complejos de gobierno que he visto.
las intersecciones en las calles se ven increíbles.
un excelente trabajo.

great job...

Share this comment

Muy buen trabajo, hay que admitirlo. Una pregunta, donde conseguiste lo lots de calles y avenidas?
[i]Great work, I have to admit it. One question, where did you found the streets and avenues lots?[/i]

Share this comment

Truly a magnificent job! One of the greatest palace gardens I have ever seen. I hope you keep up the great work. Once again wonderful!!

Share this comment

[color=#ff00cc][b]Cool update.. love the pictures of the Plaza de la Unión.[/b][/color]

Share this comment

Wow! It would be great if you could release those lotted streets, I've been looking all over for something like that!

Share this comment

where did u get that building in the first shoot and are all of the cars plops? ps can i hav the link to the first building

Share this comment

The bus lanes, the yelow grid in the intersections, and the cobble stone roundabouts. All looks so relistic.

Share this comment