• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Dhiraagu: The visit to the capital city continues.

elavery

dhiraagu_banner.jpg

Replies:

Mithrik: The Mahibadhian language actually looks very similar to Asian languages. Remember that the Mahibadhoos aren't in the Middle East but off the coast of Africa with a very diverse cultural history that has formed the unique group of people that inhabit these islands.

Evillions: Thanks for your compliments. I look forward to seeing your side projects. The commercial buildings are mostly plopped but all of the residential buildings are grown.

TekindusT: I am glad you like the mix of buildings - I just use my own judgement as to what fits and what doesn't.

MamaLuigi945: Your kind words mean a lot. I am always seeking perfection with my work.

dubaidude303: Thanks, glad my work can motivate you.

Neragua: Thanks, I am still getting more knowledgeable about building ports.

titanicbuff: Rivits water is the best out there.

Simul8ter8: I am a broken record too, I love to Lot!

Fox: Thanks for commenting both here and in the forums!

Simarco: Thanks!

100000000000000: Your work in Atlantsia is every bit as good as mine. I hope to see an Atlantsia update soon.

k50: Despite being an old game, you can still do some remarkable stuff with SC4.

MilitantRadical: Thank you for visiting!

colco2121: Thanks for your compliments!

A couple of mosaics today which prominently display the National Sports Complex which contains basketball and tennis courts, football training fields, and the National Cricket Stadium. Cricket is a rapidly growing sport in the Mahibadhoos, despite being one of the lowest ranked national teams.

dhiraagu_mosaic_8.jpg

dhiraagu_mosaic_9.jpg

And finally, a mosaic which shows the entire island of Dhiraagu; I think this shot shows just how crowded the capital city is. The small size of the island is popular with tourists as they can walk the entire city and experience centuries of Mahibadhian culture in one afternoon before heading off to the resort islands

(Please treat the following image as unofficial as I don't consider its appearance to be up to the standards I wish to set in this CJ - unfortunately the sea walls I use do not look great at this zoom level and some of the buildings have a strange appearance also).

dhiraagu_mosaic_10.jpg

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great stuff elavery!

First time I've seen a cricket field in a CJ :D (Probably cause I don't look much but still)

Share this comment

[quote name='Mithrik' timestamp='1341532639']
Hey! Where did you get that cricket field? It looks awesome!
[/quote]

You can find the Cricket Ground here: [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1607"]http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1607[/url]. I used Lot Editor to remake the ground and added a grandstand prop from one of ill tonkso's stadiums.

Share this comment

That's incredible! My only question is, is the city built on reclaimed land?

Share this comment

[quote name='hahei' timestamp='1341536611']
That's incredible! My only question is, is the city built on reclaimed land?
[/quote]

Dhiraagu is a real island, but it has been enlarged over the years with land reclamation.

Share this comment

Totally wish I could lot like that... and my seawalls do the same thing! its so annoying!

But nonetheless another BEAUTIFUL entry!!!

Share this comment

The last image counted unofficially?

I think its great as is, I love seeing the entire thing than just sandboxes. :P

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to the next update.

Share this comment

The phrase "A picture worth a thousand words" never have been so accurate...
Excellent! Truly has the feel of a real city. And as previous posts indicate - the beach at the first mosaic worths a 10/5!

Share this comment