• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Coast

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Filling Out/Assorted Upgrades

Sign in to follow this  
MUCTC

As Pasadena enters its 29th year since incorporation, it's time we catch up on some improvements around the city.

The new skyline reflects burgeoning growth in the commercial sector and an influx of new residents. Note also the new Roberval Bridge carrying NZ1 across the Salamanca River. It was built in a part of a series of improvements by NZDoT which saw NZ1's route move to a widened 2nd Avenue which was then renamed 1st Av in a large scale renumbering of the area. Note also that development has eked onto Wallis Island.port.png

Improvements to the port and the new Pasadena Naval Station:

skyline.png

Some of the grittier parts of town persist--I have a fondness for them. With R$$$ demand as high as it is, however, no doubt some developer will soon tear these down:

gritty.png

Phase 3 of the River street upgrade is complete. It now provides convenient access from the S and W to 2nd Av and the Roberval Bridge:

riverst.png

Wallis Island:

island.png

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

it is a great city, but you should really try your best to hide zoned land that is not developed. Also people get irritated by the yellow pause strip so keep that in mind.

Reminds me of my game before I discovered simtropolis, good times.

Share this comment

Looks cool!, Help note- You left your grid on, also the Mission arrows, also Wraner covered the yellow pause strip.

Otherwise looks great! :)

Share this comment

Thanks for the tips. I try and turn the mission arrows off every time but somehow it doesn't stick in my preferences. Having to swat them away whenever I'm working gets pretty annoying and they are rather unsightly, I agree. I will try and polish things up for the next entry.

Share this comment

Hi there. I like the vision you have going on here, but it needs to be polished. Water mod, terrain mod would be a good plus. Also, some different trees as well.

Share this comment

My own CJ-in-development looks like this, a wee bit rough and original terrain. @JGellock, what terrain/water mods would you recommend?

Share this comment

[color=#E57404][url="http://community.simtropolis.com/user/475936-neragua/"]Neragua[/url] id recommend pegs brigantine for water mod and meadowshire for terrain what i use :)[/color]

Share this comment

[quote name='JGellock' timestamp='1340026497']
Hi there. I like the vision you have going on here, but it needs to be polished. Water mod, terrain mod would be a good plus. Also, some different trees as well.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tips. I've downloaded one that that has a tropical option. I'll post it shortly.
[quote name='westy177' timestamp='1340083700']
[color=#E57404]id recommend pegs brigantine for water mod and meadowshire for terrain what i use :)[/color]
[/quote]

What would you guys suggest for trees? I've seen a lot of CJs with nice tree density. Something I tried with the mangrove here...

Share this comment