• Announcements

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Guaracay

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The commuter train through Angostura

panthersimcity4

train01p.jpg

The commuter train terminus station in Santa Leon is located near the soccer(football) stadium and CBD. This is the place where you can get onto a train to easily travel through the valley without dealing with traffic problems.

santaleonaerial2.jpg

In between Santa Leon and Angostura is a narrow pass between the mountains which contains a highway- unfortunately, this highway is pretty much the only way to get from Angostura to Santa Leon, meaning a lot of people use it. For that reason, the commuter railroad was built. Thankfully, a new road with tunnels going through the mountains has already been approved for construction as well.

train03.jpg

train02.jpg

train3e.jpg

train2.jpg

The region around Santa Leon in the north island is mostly a dry subtropical climate. The valley west of Angostura is known for producing a lot of wine among other things.

train1o.jpg

This is the station in Angostura. The city of Angostura is known primarily for its university, the largest in the country. It is also among the largest cities in Guaracay.

angosturamosaic1.jpg

The city has grown largely due to its status as a suburb of Santa Leon, with office buildings that have risen along the city's main avenue connected to the highway. The area also has a lot of high-tech and manufacturing industries.

angosturamosaic2.jpg

The city also has its own little old town area, with a cathedral too. The most iconic building is the original university structure. Behind it are several large buildings that consist of classrooms and student housing.

universidad1.jpg

train6d.jpg

The commuter train goes farther even than Angostura, while eventually ending in the valley west of the city. Due to the limits in space in the area, much of the city sprawl has had to squeeze its way through the valleys of the mountains and towards the west, where the land is less rugged.

train4.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

16 Comments

Recommended Comments

this is a really nice spanish i assume type city you could use some nam curves in some places but that doesnt bring down how nice your city is 5/5

Share this comment

I don't know why but I think that it have an arabic flavour in it's architecture, perhaps the small houses and the buildings with a court inside.
Where did you get them? I mean the houses?

Share this comment

I took the time to look back on most of the entries in your CJ. Very impressive! You've captured the Latin-American city feel wonderfully. I love the immense details you've added, like the splotches of boulders near your train tracks and the bike path along the beach (where did you get that, anyways?). And that region shot is [i]beyond[/i] amazing!

I'm awed by your skill. I'll be waiting for more!

P.S. - Your Tropico 4 city is awesome, as well ;)

Share this comment

The above comment sums up everything I had to say haha this is gorgeous, you've created some dense and wonderfully detailed neighbourhoods that are original and realistic.

Share this comment

if that city was real, i would go there to celebrate my vacation... btw we do have to same tropical tree mod, (you must download the white sand beach by Marsh bacause it looks fantastic with that tree mod)

Share this comment