• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Alex II International Airport

Sign in to follow this  
vivapanda

Replies:

From the forum CJ section:

Well, we already have a Tri Cities Airport in my homeland of East Tennessee.... http://www.triflight.com/ So instead how about the “Alex II Bijsterveld Regional Airport”

@Schulmanator: Haha, I didn’t know that, I indeed named it after King Alex II.

I wish I could make airports like that. D:

@Jack3oh3: I’m sure you can, I did not have any experience with airports ever before, why don’t you give it a try?

Always a fan of Region shots. Looking forward to your 'full time' return :)

@Simcoug: Thank you, I hope ou enjoyed it!

Her Majesty Queen Alexandra Lynn Sariah II is on her way to your capitol, Vivapanda! Looks like she'll land at the new airport pretty soon. :) It looks fantastic!

@Datschikinhed: We are looking forward to her arrival!

Cool looking region .. can't wait to see that airport up close.

@Fox: Thanks! Here it is, I hope you like it (:

From the new CJ section:

That's one hell of an airport!.... nice work

@Shanemelbourne: It sure is huge , I tried to scale it realisticly, thans a lot!

I agree, the airport is excellent! :D

@Ggamgus: Thank you! I hope you still think about the same way.

Beautiful region and its airport is accurate for it.

@Jorgecarillo: Thanks a lot, that’s what I tried to achieve! :D

Before you start reading please have a look at the Illium CJ and the map of Nova to make sure you understand the story

Illium CJ:

Nova map (note the countries: Calistan, Illium Empire, Eisland and Heimen):

http://novaproject.forumotion.com/t7-official-world-map-of-nova

bannerlvc.jpg

Good day, my name is Eilífr Goðrúnarson, I am from Eisland. I have the most amazing job there is: international correspondent for the Dágensnytt, the leading news channel in Eisland. My next job is to report the peace summit between Calistan ant the Illium Empire, which is hosted in Bijsterveld. We are almost there, about 15 minutes a go we saw the Heimic coast and fjords rise from the sea, just another 15 minutes before we arrive at the airport.

<<Dames en Heren, we hebben een voorspoedige vlucht gehad en we staan op het punt de landing in te zetten op het Internationale Vliegveld Alex II. Het is deels bevolkt en zeer aangenaam, 18 graden Celsius in Bijsterveld. Ik wens u een prettig verblijf in Heimen. Bedankt voor het vliegen met HeimAir.>>

<<Ladies and Gentlemen, we have had a nice steady flight and we are about to land at Alex II International Airport. It is partly cloudy and a comfortable 18 degrees Celcius in Bijsterveld. I wish you a nice stay in Heimen. Thanks for flying HeimAir.>>

*Bling* <<Please fasten your seatbelts>>

windowjw.jpg

*Bump* The plane touches the ground, I have to yawn a couple of times to get the pressure in my ears back to normal

74357421.jpg

‘It sure is nice weather, better than in Eisland’ I tell my camera men. He laughs: ‘well could it be not?’ Her reffers to the snow that fell in many parts on the island just two weeks ago, our country is cold, but even for us this is exceptional.

50106070.jpgThe cargo and

The cargo and maintance buildings

86199396.jpg

The airplane slowly approaches the gates. I get my backpack and my laptop to get as quick as possible on solid ground. I may be from a fishermen’s family but both ships and planes make me a little sea sick.

76366670.jpg

Gate 3C, the Jet Bridge is connected to plane quicker than I could hope. As a kid I always loved walking troigh the “Elephant noses” as I called them. After the obligatory shake-the-hands-of-the-crew-members we walk in the grey tube. Finally there.

Well, where was I? Oh yes, the peace summit between Calistan and Illium. There is no doubt this is going to be the most important news item of the year. Both nations are in war for as long as I can remember. I have been raised with the idea of Calistan being the evil and Illium the good guy. Eisland –and Heimen, and every member of the Union of Evropian Nations- have been supporting Illium since the beginning. Last year however, everything completely changed. Illium did what no one ever thought, or hope dto happen, the used their nuclear power to bomb Las Colinas. Never I will forget that day. I was working on the head wuarteers in Ísafjörđúr, when the news arrived. Everybody was shocked. Marta was hit worst by the news, her parents fled from Calistan when she was only a baby. Her family still lives around Las Colinas, that day she lost her uncle, aunt en cousin.

lcnuked.jpg

Picture made by DaTSchikinhed

But was it worth it? It probably was, look at the result: I am here to witness the peace summit. We will never know for how long the war would have continued if this did not happen, but we can almost say for sure that there would have been more victims.

56489253.jpg

Meanwhile we have passed trough customs, which goes very easy when your traveling in the Union Customs Zone. We also picked up our lugage and are off to get our rental car.

As we leave the airport building the sun shines on our heads, what a beautiufl day.

So far the story line, it will be continued soon.

logorsv.png

53906793.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it, it is still really busy during the last weeks of school (three to go). Please leave a comment if you have time. (:

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

the first picture is amazing but i would suggest you get this airort pack for added realism [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18477-acb-vlt-terminals-and-jets-series-1-part-1/"]http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18477-acb-vlt-terminals-and-jets-series-1-part-1/[/url]

Share this comment