Port Matthew's The Sensational Six by NMUSpidey - 6

Hokkodo by Simul8ter8 - 5 - new rank!

Atlantsia by 10000000000000 - 4

Okinawa by hahei - 4

Republic of Llithustania & Dependencies (AIN) by Huston - 4

Novaya Tulsk by folokashi - 3

Escilnavia's Workshop by escilnavia - 2

Federal Republic of Valencia by JCmustng11 - 2

Hong Kong SAR by TowerDude - 2 - new rank!

Hiroshima Region! by art128 - 2

New SorGun by SimCoug - 2

Onubis Federation by Evillions - 2

Ring of Fire by blunder - 2

Saekei by Andresta - 2

Shushtrepistaz Outlet by Mastof - 2 -

Asian Cities in Time by timoman - 1

~ Berlin in the roaring twenties ~ by peterycristi - 1

Cape May County, New Jersey: Postcards from the Jersey Shore by JettyJockey

City Journaling Around Adonia by simfreak1998 - 1

Corsica by Yan077 - 1

District of Wenzel by packersfan - 1

Dreams.. by spursrule14 - 1

Grafschaft Mitterburg by Langtan - 1 - new to the win column!

Hoshisora by Altec - 1

Imaginia by mrtnrln - 1

Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) by emperordaniel - 1

Nation of Liberty by USA Patriot - 1

New Chandler III by k50dude - 1

Okatabawashi by TowerDude - 1

Republic of Baldur by LastTrueChamp - 1

Republic of Insulo (USNW) by 2b2gbi - 1

Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms [V.2] by _marsh_ - 1

Salem by Evillions - 1

Selbring County by Huston - 1

Siilijoki by noahclem - 1

Soviet Rust by penguin1634 - 1

Sultanate of Sotoa V.2 by escilnavia - 1

The Illyrian Coast by Daan300 - 1

The Silver City by Uzil - 1

Torquay by Andrey km - 1

bestofthebestsmall.jpg

WINNERS WEEK 23: 6/4/12-6/10/12

ATMOSPHERIC, JAW DROPPING, PHOTOSHOPPED

WINNER

(An entire entry in Japanese!), Hokkodo by Simul8ter8

butanchinighttime11.jpg

BELIEVABLE

WINNER

Karmesinrot - the lake and dam, Grafschaft Mitterburg by Langtan

karmesinrotaerialview.png

EXCELLENT

WINNER

HK3 : WanChai District, Hong Kong SAR by TowerDude

qqgr5.jpg

UNIQUE

WINNER

Downtown Santa Malin City (#11), Santa Malin's City Journal by sucram17

69814328lqa.jpg

XCITING

WINNER

A Last Look Back, Journey through Paengia by paeng

ww06.jpg

VOTING FOR ENTRIES OF WEEK 6/11/12-6/17/12 HAS NOW STARTED!! HAPPY VOTING!!...AND MAY THE BEST OF THE BEST WIN!!! 39.gif39.gif39.gifCLICK HERE FOR HOW TO NOMINATE/VOTE!

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

I don't like this kind of rating. Only a few of the CJs I've suggested have been given an award because you don't deem it good enough. Awards shouldn't be taken away from CJs just because the creator doesn't think it's good enough. I disagree with your "worthy quality" policy because there are amazing CJs whose creators work very hard who've never been given awards here.

I'm not saying this because of my CJ, but I feel bad for the people whose work wasn't considered "worthy".

Share this comment

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1339727352']
I don't like this kind of rating. Only a few of the CJs I've suggested have been given an award because you don't deem it good enough. Awards shouldn't be taken away from CJs just because the creator doesn't think it's good enough. I disagree with your "worthy quality" policy because there are amazing CJs whose creators work very hard who've never been given awards here.

I'm not saying this because of my CJ, but I feel bad for the people whose work wasn't considered "worthy".
[/quote]

Sorry, but this was started to award people who create really stunning CJs, because Ben's Top Ten is not based on quality, but on popularity, and so does not award talent. This is to award talent, and is why it is called "Best of the Best." If you look at many of the entries you nominate, and compare them to the winners each week, the quality/talent level is not the same. Also, you say that me deciding the quality to not be acceptable isn't right, but just because you think that a CJ is good doesn't necessarily mean it really is good either. And I spend a lot of time putting this together each week too. Every week I go through and look at every CJ entry posted that week. And so I pick the real standouts, the ones that I feel in some way push the boundaries of SC4. Perhaps then the people who don't win each week and are overlooked could take note from the winners and use them as inspiration to even further enhance their own work. And after all, it's not like there's only 5 CJs in the win column...there's over 40!!

Share this comment

Someone made this point earlier (can't remember who) but there were CJs that received two to three votes one week that weren't given awards, but there were those with only one vote that were given awards. Everyone has different tastes, so something you might consider terrible might be great to the next guy. By choosing what you like over what the majority likes, I don't think is fair.

I agree that there are often times where there are CJs that could use more work, but I think that there should be some level of impartiality here.

Now, no offense here but I'm just pointing out something. You never turned down your own CJs, which means you consider your work "worthy". That's perfectly normal, everyone likes to think that. I also agree that your CJs are great, and I drool at your work. But what about those who like to think their work is the best? Sure, you might not agree, or think the opposite. But by considering yours "worthy" and not theirs seems that you consider your views higher than theirs.

I also can see that MANY CJs have won awards in the past. That list is almost endless. :P But every few weeks, I see one or two CJs get turned down.

Concluding all of what I said, maybe you should return the idea of a "popular vote" and be more laid-back on the quality.

Not trying to argue or anything, just making a point, and I will respect you nonetheless. :D

Share this comment

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1339729360']
Someone made this point earlier (can't remember who) but there were CJs that received two to three votes one week that weren't given awards, but there were those with only one vote that were given awards. Everyone has different tastes, so something you might consider terrible might be great to the next guy. By choosing what you like over what the majority likes, I don't think is fair.

I agree that there are often times where there are CJs that could use more work, but I think that there should be some level of impartiality here.

Now, no offense here but I'm just pointing out something. You never turned down your own CJs, which means you consider your work "worthy". That's perfectly normal, everyone likes to think that. I also agree that your CJs are great, and I drool at your work. But what about those who like to think their work is the best? Sure, you might not agree, or think the opposite. But by considering yours "worthy" and not theirs seems that you consider your views higher than theirs.

I also can see that MANY CJs have won awards in the past. That list is almost endless. :P But every few weeks, I see one or two CJs get turned down.

Concluding all of what I said, maybe you should return the idea of a "popular vote" and be more laid-back on the quality.

Not trying to argue or anything, just making a point, and I will respect you nonetheless. :D
[/quote]

You have not voted for anyone since April 27th, so it's not like you're voting every week and your nominations aren't winning. You may not think so, but I do give everyone a fair chance, that's why I look at every CJ each week. If I just wanted a few certain people to win each week, then I wouldn't care to take the time to look at every CJ entry each week. This CJ does not need to return to a "popular" win or what the maority of people like...that is what Ben's Top Ten is for. With that being said though, not everybody makes it on Ben's Top Ten each week, nor does everybody who's nominated for a Trixie win a Trixie. Therefore Best of the Best isn't any different :)

Share this comment

Nominations:
Vivid: [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3556/entry-16955-update-4-suspicious-birds/"]Northworth County[/url] by Mastof
Landmark:[url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3489/entry-16964-the-french-district-2-revenge-of-the-district/"]Carrancia and Juliannabourg[/url] by ggamus
Jaw Dropping: [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3563/entry-16922-new-york-city/"]Endersby[/url] by HaHei
Transportation: [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2758/entry-16930-hamilton-rail-bridge/"]Bridges of Alexandria[/url] by Wraner
Believable: [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3606/entry-16940-eichenburg/"]Mitterburg[/url] by Langton

Share this comment

[b][url="http://community.simtropolis.com/user/367891-ggamgus/"][color=#ff00cc]ggamgus[/color][/url][color=#ff00cc] .. I've never nominated any one in here yet have been acknowledged 8 times, and for that I feel honored... [/color][/b]

[b][color=#ff00cc]But at the end of the day, this is [/color][url="http://community.simtropolis.com/user/37847-spursrule14/"][color=#ff00cc]spursrule14[/color][/url][color=#ff00cc]'s CJ and not an official Simtropolis award. People can nominate what they like and I guess it's just something that he takes in to account when he posts the winners which are generally something he likes or that catches his eye. The only benefit to winning and being on the list is that the winner feels good about themselves that someone actually noticed their work. He could have just posted a nice comment in the winning CJ, but he has decided to bring it all together here and present it as his CJ.[/color][/b]

[color=#ff00cc][b]Try not to dictate how he should display his CJ and just be happy that he takes the time to view a lot of CJs each week and gives a little praise to those pictures he likes.[/b][/color]

Share this comment

Here are two that I personally believe [i]actually [/i]deserve it.
So many CJs these days are "set up sandbox cities" and there is no region map, no actual city, just a picture of a staged scene. Most of the time you can tell these because there are no cars, no sims, and just buildings and roads.I'm sure every now and then we all fall guilty to this, but we should refrain from it as much as possible. I'm sorry, I just felt I had to say that.

[font=georgia, serif][b]--Jaw Dropping (countering Endersby):Preview 2: Ebenezer Square [i]in [/i]Nyhaven, Lower Columbia[/b][/font][font=georgia, serif][b]-[/b][b]woodb3kmaster[/b][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][b]--Transportation (countering Bridges of Alexandria): The Commuter Train Through Angostura, Guaracay[/b]-[b]panthersimcity4[/b][/font]

Share this comment

Here is my vote:
-- Destruction, Story- Bob Town- Episode One: No more cheese

Share this comment

Nature - In the Wilderness, Alexandria City by Wraner
http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2862/entry-16921-in-the-wilderness/
Atmospheric - Update 4 | Suspicious Birds, Northworth County by Mastof
http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3556/entry-16955-update-4-suspicious-birds/
Story - The Sensational Six #102, Port Matthew's The Sensational Six by NMUSpidey
http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2630/entry-16985-the-sensational-six-102/
Commercial - 2 | An iconic piece of Atarashima, Atarashima by mystic_destiny
http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/3605/entry-16994-%E3%83%BB2-an-iconic-piece-of-atarashima/

Share this comment