• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Introduction and History of Populus

Sign in to follow this  
katherman111

Hey guys,

Today i'm starting my CJ.

It's about the United Archipelago of Populus.

Today i'm gonna show u guys the history of my island

The archipelago is located 100 km of the South-Eastern Coast from Schellingen

History of Populus

It all started for populus in 1563 when Populus got discovered by Signore Luca Populusus who was an explorer working for the Papal States. In 1562 he got an order from pope Pius IV to explore new fertile lands west of Europe (America and the Atlantic) for the Papal states. During those times there was a heavy drought in Italy and people in the papal states were near starvation.

Signore Luca Populusus set sail for the atlantic in November 1562 and arrived in America in Januari 1563 where he found only spanish colonized lands. When he and his crew returned they encountered an unexplored and uninhabited but very fertile island somewhere between Spain and the Americas. The island was uninabithed altough they found strange ruins in the south-western woods of the island. The fleet marked the island on the maps and Signore Luca Populusus set sail to Rome to tell the awesome news to the pope.

new_rome-jan._10__1571339197406.png

(Captain, Land Ho!!!!)

In 1564 Signore Populusus returned to Populus where he found a little Papal colony on the eastern part of the Archipelago made by the people who stayed in Populus to guard it from any other colonists. when he returned he became Count over the colony "Nova Roma" (New Rome) and gouvernor of all Papal territories on the island (they only possesed the South-east and east)

Rumours of a new island in the atlantic spread trough Europe and around 1600 both France and the Netherlands send fleets to populus with one main objective. colonizing it.

The dutch colonists landed in the north in 1601 and started the Colony of Noorderwijk while the French arrived in 1603 and settled in Porte De Zeus not far from New Rome.

Things stayed peacefull till the end of the 1700's when Napoleon came to power in France. He immediately ordered the French Army to attack and take over Nova Roma and then march to Noorderwijk. Their first objective to take Nova Roma was accomplished but to do the same in Noorderwijk never happened. when marching north the Dutch ambushed the French near Troza and 3/4 of the French Legion got killed in the battle for Troza.

troza-nov._9__071339194476.png

(Dutch in Grey and French in Blue)

After the battle of Troza the dutch forces rapidly marched to Nova Roma and sieged the city. The french were so angered about their loss at Troza they had plans to kill all Papal citizens in Nova Roma, but the dutch interrupted those plans by rapidly attacking the town and saving the papal citizens. A very interesting move during times that the Catholicism of the papal states was enemy number one of the protestantism of the dutch. The pope (Pius VI) gifted Nova Roma to the dutch due to their heroic behavior at Nova Roma.

The leader of the Dutch Militia on populus, Peter Rijnermans was beatified in 1865 for that heroic deed.

After the Napoleonistic wars Populus was united under Dutch flag buth when time passes more and more colonists want to become independent from The Netherlands. This worked in 1856 when Populus became an independent country.

The Archipelago became an union of the Dutch,Papal (italian) and French colonies from before the Populus War with each ex-colony having its own parliament. There is also an National Parliament and Senate. The Head of The State is The President of The United Archipelago of Populus

The first president of Populus was Thomas Rijnermans (ruling from 1856-1864) grandson of Peter Rijnermans

During the 1st world war populus supported the Allies but during the second they attented in the war and landed on the beaches of Normandy. The Populusian Army lost 2585 soldiers during the whole war of which 131 died at the beaches in Normandy. In '46 a monument got build for the dead soldiers.

settlers_town-feb._18__731338993284.png

(The Populusian Second World War Monument)

In 1945 Populus joined the UN and in 49 the NATO

In the 20's,30's,40's and 50's lots and lots of europeans came to Populus from all parts of Europe: Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland,...

In 1962 the Populusian governement made the ligua franca to English cause of language problems between the Dutch and French. Also because of it's major bussines partner the US and the UK and Commonwealth were of course English

In 2006 the Populusian population was around 2.500.000 people

That's it for now next entry i will show you guys the island of Kervers south of New Rome see u guys then.

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

A nice worked out history and a couple of very decent pictures make this a really good start for a CJ. Chapeau!

Maarten

Share this comment

Nice history! I'm looking forward ot see more :)
BTW I like your profile picture: [b][color=#FF8C00]We gaan winnen vanavond![/color][/b]

Share this comment

Mooi fotos! Great start and introduction, you only need to work on your English (story-telling) a bit. :)

Share this comment

[size=8][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][color=#FFA500]Nederlanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/b][/font][/size] Die gaan winnen.
[b][font=courier new,courier,monospace][img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533084_371643056228866_358859972_n.jpg[/img][/font][/b]

Share this comment

looks really nice. [color=#ffa500]alleen beetje jammer dat we niet winnen konden :([/color]

Share this comment

A very nice (and very diverse) start, katherman! I like what I see here. And from the glimpse I caught of that RHW interchange in the last pic, it looks quite creative. :)

Share this comment