• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 66 - 6/4/12 - Fort Orangeport Drive: Sheridan Park Neighborhood

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 66 - Fort Orangeport Drive: Sheridan Park Neighborhood

We move north of Old Axelrod to Fort Orangeport Drive. Yikes, I have nothing really to say about this update.

0166060412.jpg

As you can see, these pictures are pre-freeway.

0266060412.jpg

0366060412.jpg

0466060412.jpg

0566060412.jpg

0666060412.jpg

0766060412.jpg

0866060412.jpg

0966060412.jpg

1066060412.jpg

Mulholland Avenue shopping district and Chester Mulholland High School.

1166060412b.jpg

1266060412.jpg

1366060412.jpg

1466060412.jpg

1566060412.jpg

1666060412.jpg

1766060412.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this little update. Fort Orangeport Drive was inspired by Garfield Blvd in Chicago.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote name='corydreinhardt' timestamp='1338815929']
I was going to say, that area seemed awfully familiar to a road I drove in last summer, while in Chicago. :)
[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I sometimes just recreate areas from real life.

[quote name='Simul8ter8' timestamp='1338818813']
Beautiful! But my dear friend Focal Blur has not shown up!
[/quote]

Yeah, haven't included any focal blur lately...this week I rediscovered glow!

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1338820101']
Whyy? Whyyyyyy?!! Why is this CJ so beautiful and gets so few comments?!
[/quote]

No idea. Actually I'm getting a lot more comments in this section and my comments are starting to really fall off in the old section.

Share this comment

awesome as always packerfan hope comments start to roll on in cause im a permanent follower of this cj :)

Share this comment

[quote name='LastTrueChamp' timestamp='1338838705']
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]This is an awesome areas with some great main streets. Nice![/font]
[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='MilitantRadical' timestamp='1338842108']
great suburb. excellent work.
[/quote]

Thank you. Always trying to keep it more unique.

[quote name='westy177' timestamp='1338885025']
awesome as always packerfan hope comments start to roll on in cause im a permanent follower of this cj :)
[/quote]

Thank you very much. Yeah, I love the comments, wish more came in, but really, lately it seems more have been rolling in than before, so thanks for that!

Share this comment

[quote name='Luiz P. Romanini' timestamp='1340757260']
CAN'T ... WAIT... ANYMORE...
Where's your updates, dude?
[/quote]

Man, I feel terrible for not updating in so long. I've really just been on hiatus from SimCity and the bug isn't biting me right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to play and see how I feel. I hate to leave this great region hanging.

I saw some more pictures from SC2013 and they actually looked a little better than previous pictures. Not sure what I will do when that game comes out. Just trying to relax right now and not put so much pressure on myself to push out updates and MUST play game.

Share this comment

Your work is outstanding. I might admit I'm actually beginning a new CJ with the inspiration from this thread, though I'm a bit less interested in the urban era. Anyhow, it's really great. ^^

Share this comment

[quote name='Linoa06' timestamp='1345654421']
Your work is outstanding. I might admit I'm actually beginning a new CJ with the inspiration from this thread, though I'm a bit less interested in the urban era. Anyhow, it's really great. ^^
[/quote]

Yeah, journals seem to fall either into an agricultural/rural/small town focus or an urban focus...I try to do both, but I'm not very good at rural detail.

Share this comment