• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 19: Throat of Tyr

LastTrueChamp

baldurbanner.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Throat of Tyr

Planet: Viborg

Sovereign State: Baldur

City State: Greater Valhallan Region

County: Weye

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

viborg4.jpg

The Throat of Tyr lies to the south of Valhalla city borders nestled in the godswood of County Weye.

It is here where the nation's religion of Vibronism was forged by the words of the ancient Baldurian Hero, Bran Tyr.

The mountain, now a dormant volcano, is the subject of many legends which helped shape Baldurian culture.

viborg5.jpg

viborg2.jpg

viborg8.jpg

Vibronism

Three hundred years before the Dawn of the Baldurian Era, the Throat of Tyr stood as the volcano of Valkyria, the fiery bane of ancient Baldurian civilizations.

Power, along with the favour of the Gods, was held among the competing warlords of Valhalla with possession of this mountain.

Every three hundred years Valkyria would banish the ruling Baldurian guild with its fierce fire and flame and an new Conqueror would claim his throne.

On what it now known as the year 0 B.E., Bran the Bold Tyr ascended the mountain and proclaimed peace on behalf of the God Baldur.

Ancient manuscripts dictate that Valkyria cooled after the faithful event and the warm waters of Lake Tyr began to flow from the throat of the volcano.

The peace Bran the Bold proclaimed in the year 0 B.C. still holds true to this day two thousand years later.

The holy mountain is said to have an ancient healing effect on the surrounding land and on the human mind and body.

Vibronic Monks conduct pilgrimages to the ancient ruins of the Temple of Tyr every year to hone their mental and pysical strength in isolation.

The monks are not alone in their reverence for the mountain as ordinary citizens make the journey each year as

an homage to Bran Tyr and catch the fish of Lake Tyr to serve on his name day.

viborg7.jpg

viborg6.jpg

viborg3.jpg

[Translated ancient Baldurian prayer]

Atop the mountain of light and life,

A blessing for the dawn of peace.

To all those who kneel in union,

Today we are bothers, we are family.

Today is the day we drink to peace,

Under the guiding arm of tomorrow.

For the fire has cleansed this land of war,

so today we drink its water.

Author - Unknown

viborg1.jpg

"Drink my brothers, drink the waters of life!" - Bran the Bold Tyr

19 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1338598781']
This is blatant cheating. You put real-life pictures here and expect us to believe that this is SimCity 4?? Unbelievable! :P 12 trillion out of 5!
[/quote]

No ggamgus this is SC4 see the little white box in the left corner!!!

Dude AWESOME update!

Share this comment

How did you get the grass to go to the water's edge? Is it a Sand Mod? Usually I get large sand beds near the bank and it annoys me...

Spectacular update though, the photo editing is exquisite :D

Share this comment

Thanks guys, I'm happy you like it!

[b]Schulmanator[/b]: For you the first few are free. We can talk about price later. :)

[b]10000000000000[/b]: The lake was created with the [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2091"]Diggis Ponds Grass Base Set[/url], you can use it to create more realistically shaped bodies of water also. I think you'll like it.

Share this comment

Good to know you were inspired in part by 'The Song of Ice and Fire'........referrring to Valkyria, fire and flame, etc. Nice work with the landscapes too!

Share this comment

[b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size=2]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2774/entry-16884-week-23-6412-61012/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color=#0000FF]BELIEVABLE[/color][/i][/size][/b]

Share this comment

[quote name='spursrule14' timestamp='1339205666']
[b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size=2]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2774/entry-16884-week-23-6412-61012/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color=#0000FF]BELIEVABLE[/color][/i][/size][/b]
[/quote]
and totally deserved... very nice, and amazingly atmospheric work!

Share this comment