• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A full update in Rockaway

k50

Update time!

ncup45header.png

The labels are in Spanish, the captions are in English. Rockaway does speak a fair amount of Spanish so that's the reasoning behind it.

ncup45pic1.jpg

ncup45pic1caption.png

PERIFÉRICO DE COLORADO / SCARLET RINGROAD - Named after it's often close proximity to the Solvanese Ocean, this freeway is a busy southern loop of Rockaway's downtown.

ncup45pic2.jpg

ncup45pic2caption.png

AVENIDA DON BORJA / DON BORJA AVENUE - An oddly-placed but well-used road often bypassed by the much more busy Paseo de Los Insurgentes, it is named after Don Felipe Borja, the first Insulonian governor of South Cassidy ("Don" is a prestigious social title used in New Chandler, similar to "Saint" in the Catholic Church.)

ncup45pic3.jpg

ncup45pic3caption.png

UNIVERSIDAD DE ROCKAWAY / UNIVERSITY OF ROCKAWAY - You won't find a more rambunctious place in town.

ncup45pic4.jpg

ncup45pic4caption.png

ESTADIO CARRANZA / CARRANZA STADIUM - This stadium is the home pitch of New Chandler Football League's Rockaway United and the sports teams of the University of Rockaway.

ncup45pic5.jpg

ncup45pic5caption.png

CAMPO DE GOLF DE SOLVÁN / SOLVANESE GOLF COURSE - (made a typo in the caption, sorry) This prestigious country club is the most expensive, and probably the most gorgeous, in the city. If you don't live on it, membership fees aren't cheap.... but then again, the houses aren't cheap either.

ncup45pic6.jpg

ncup45pic6caption.png

LA CASA CLUB / CLUBHOUSE - Located at the very bottom of the picture, it also boasts a hotel with many rooms facing the ocean practically just below it.

ncup45pic7.jpg

ncup45pic7caption.png

ESTADIO DE CIUDAD MITAD / MIDWAY CITY STADIUM - This baseball stadium is used for spring training in New Chandler. Rockaway is home to half of the spring training stadiums in the country, the other city being Sofanos. The district, Midway City, is halfway between the ocean and Downtown Rockaway, hence the name.

ncup45pic8.jpg

ncup45pic8caption.png

AVENIDA LÓGICAS / LOGICS AVENUE - This road runs into a logistics area. It's also a train station which long-time followers may remember seeing last year when we took a ride on that train you see in the picture.

ncup45pic9.jpg

ncup45pic9caption.png

DISTRITO DE SAN GREGORIO / SAINT GREGORY DISTRICT - Home of a few houses and everyone's number-one choice to be during an apocalypse - Costco.

Well that's it for now, thank you for viewing :)

20 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote name='TekindusT' timestamp='1336861940']
I'm totallly subscribing [b]ggamgus[/b]' opinion!
[/quote]

Share this comment

Awesome. I really need to use more avenues and 3-tile avenues as my city grow out in the suburban areas. They look so AWESOME in your journal. Great job!

Share this comment

Wow, this is very beautiful. I love the type of buildings your using! Especially the very small (but very dense) houses. And a few of those beach front looking condos. Mind sharing where you got them? :) They would look amazing along my waterfronts! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

Share this comment

This is really good-looking. The only thing i dislike is the railway crossing each road without overpasses, that's kind of risky and almost unusual nowadays, also the station right after/before the rail/road crossings is not a good idea. However good work.

Share this comment

Thanks for all of your kind words :)

Kcosta: I used the [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/2643-artgolf-golf-course/"]ArtGolf course[/url] and [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/1976-joergs-golf-pack/"]Joerg's Golf Set[/url].
nycsc4: Is [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2659"]this[/url] what you are looking for?

Share this comment

[b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size=2]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2774/entry-16594-week-20-51412-52012/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color=#0000FF]TRANSPORTATION[/color][/i][/size][/b]

Share this comment

Very very nice! :) 2nd picture: what is the lot with the curvy roads? That looks really nice! :D

Share this comment

[quote name='hjbk' timestamp='1337249032']
Very very nice! :) 2nd picture: what is the lot with the curvy roads? That looks really nice! :D
[/quote]
I hate to say this to you, but I actually have absolutely no idea :P I would guess I found it on ToutSimCitys or SC4Devotion though, I'm 99% sure it wasn't on Simtropolis. Sorry :(

Share this comment

[quote name='k50dude' timestamp='1337399169']

hjbk, on , said:

I hate to say this to you, but I actually have absolutely no idea :P I would guess I found it on ToutSimCitys or SC4Devotion though, I'm 99% sure it wasn't on Simtropolis. Sorry :(
[/quote]

Haha, lol... ok thanx anyway... I'd make it a quest then ;) Good luck Simcityin'

Share this comment