• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Archbishopric

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Middle Tenne: The Archbishopric

Far up the mighty Tenne River, deep in the heart of Schulmania’s sparsely populated west, the nation’s patron saints, St. Francis and St. Flora, have decided to establish both a major religious pilgrimage site and their permanent home. The site for the massive new church, the biggest in the nation, is on Franciflora Island, located in the center of a large lake. The lake and its surrounding lands have been walled off as a separate ecclesiastical administrative area, the Archbishopric of Francifloriana. The archbishopric comprises of the walled off territory (which has multiple entry points along its perimeter) and an administrative center adjacent to the enclosure. The administrative center, Franciflorianopolis, serves as both seat of the ecclesiastic government but also of the entire district of Francifloriana, which runs north-south between the districts of Middle Tenne and Schulmauckland. The archbishopric itself is composed of the church, the residential complex of the saints, and open space. The space is walled off to prevent future intrusion of development and will allow pilgrims to have quiet reflection time along their journey.

FF-both.jpg

At left is the symbol of Francifloriana, both the archbishopric and the district. At right is the symbol for the city of Franciflorianopolis.

The city of Franciflorianopolis is built in the religiously-inspired Temple Revival style, as are many locations in the Kingdom of Tenne, including the new national capital under construction on the shore of the Tenne Sea. It has received permission to establish a mint and new coinage is expected soon. And, it is now home to the largest monastic order in the nation, that of St. Francis.

PilgrimageCenter1.jpg

Most pilgrims or other visitors will arrive at the See by boat. For those entering the walled archbishopric, the Francifloriana Pilgrimage Center is a good first stop.

AllSaintsAvenue2.jpg

Once ashore, we can explore the town. The main road is All Saints Avenue. A great deal of the city’s residences and commerce are along this road. Its wide, landscaped median is a popular place for vendors and strollers to interact.

AllSaintsAvenue1.jpg

Lucky residents of the corner Lasater Landing Building enjoy views both of the wide avenue and of Myers Park. Each has a fountain.

AllSaintsAvenue3.jpg

All Saints Avenue also has statuary. This majestic column commemorates the recent Great Simcity Revival heralded by the ascetic visionary Maxis the Developer, whose visions of the future has either inspired or terrified the populace in the past.

FFP-narrow.jpg

A typically compact Schulminion city, Franciflorianopolis combines both living space for thousands with open space for all

ChapelStFlora2.jpg

There are, as one might expect, many churches in the city. One, on All Saints Avenue, is the Chapel of St. Flora. Expectant mothers come here to seek blessings for their new litters.

ChurchStPurrius.jpg

There’s also the Church of St. Purrius, the patron saint of purring, on the east side of town, in the Wright Road neighborhood

BishopricHQ2.jpg

The largest building in town though is the lakefront Archbishop’s Palace. This serves as the administrative center for the region and is home to the archbishop. It is adjacent both to the park and the monastery.

BishopricHQ3.jpg

The manicured grounds lead to the walled enclosure surrounding the pilgrimage sites. There are multiple access points, including two shown at left above.

PilgrimsProgressPark1.jpg

The grounds are Pilgrims’ Progress Park, which is carefully groomed up to the enclosure and wild beyond it

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

There's a patron saint for everything. I believe even the internet has one!

I really like that avenue. I want to go carouseling along that avenue in the worst way (I may have made up the word 'carouseling').

Share this comment

I LOVE your use of the Paris BATs. This is a fantastic City! I am a sucker for the historical look. I will have to wander around your previous updates!

Share this comment

HUGE props for using Sorchin's rocks along the water - you make it looks so seamless. I haven't been able to get it to look right yet. And your use of buildings always astounds me - you have an eye for blending things together naturally. Great pictures. May I ask what the building is in the first picture (center, with two chimneys)? I love that style. Thanks!

Share this comment

Another wonderfully feline city. I really like those rocky textures highlighted in pic 1; the Chapel of St Flora is a perfect fit there. The felinocracy certainly likes to worship at any opportunity!

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel[/b] Of course! That’s why it is so heavenly!

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] Hehehe… methinks carouseling will make you a bit dizzy. Perhaps you should stick to carousing!

[b]Nysc4[/b] Thanks! I am glad you like it. And please do go back and see more of what we have to offer. I think you will like it as well.

[b]MilitantRadical[/b] Thanks! I am glad you like it. And, welcome to Schulmania!

[b]SimCoug[/b] Thanks! I am glad you liked it. And for the building, it is the BLS Tribunal. Here’s the link on the LEX: [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1369"]http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1369[/url]. I use this one a lot in Schulmania.

[b]Eggie99[/b] Thank you! And welcome here to Schulmania.

[b]Benedict[/b] Indeed! Felines are very devout.

[b]Usfighter15[/b] Thank you for your ongoing support :D

[b]100000000000[/b] Awesome! You would be most welcome!

[b]Taliz81[/b] Sounds good to me! Pack your bags and come on over, Rent is only 2.50 schulmonetas per month.

[b]Kevenbro[/b] Thank you!

[b]Shanemelbourne[/b] Thank you! And welcome here to Schulmania. That is exactly the effect I was going for.

[right][Volume 3 Update #224][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment