• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 60 - 4/16/12 - East I-80: 48th Street to West Town

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 60 - East I-80: 48th Street to West Town

We continue east (the bottom of the pictures) along Interdistrict 80. We will follow I-80 to its combination with I-55 at the "Heights/Parquart" Interchange. Then we will travel through West Town along I-80 and I-55 to Washington Avenue.

0160041612.jpg

40th Street before and after preparations for the freeway to come through.

0260041612.jpg

We can see Exit 283A to North Avenue from I-80 westbound.

0360041612.jpg

I-80 winds through residential neighborhoods with sound walls.

0460041612.jpg

Exit 283B 40th Street.

0560041612.jpg

Advance guide sign for the "Heights/Parquart" Interchange.

0660041612.jpg

I-80 cuts through the hill that was originally all Garfield Park. Now the north side of the freeway is Kenilworth Park.

0760041612.jpg

0860041612.jpg

Let's go back and take some more looks at Exit 283B.

0960041612.jpg

1060041612.jpg

Exit 283C only from eastbound I-80 to 32nd Street and Parquart Neighborhood.

1160041612.jpg

Entering Parquart Tunnel. Exit 284 to Trinity Boulevard is right on the other side of the tunnel under Parquart Neighborhood and the passenger rail lines coming out of Martin Central Railway Station.

1260041612.jpg

The neighborhood above Parquart Tunnel.

1360041612.jpg

1460041612.jpg

Exit 284 to Trinity Boulevard.

1560041612.jpg

1660041612.jpg

Guide sign for the "Heights/Parquart" Interchange on the I-80/I-55 bridge.

1760041612.jpg

The ramp for continuing east on I-80 actually loops under the ramp to North I-55 and the loops over I-80 itself (the bridge we just passed).

1860041612.jpg

Not the greatest planning and not the best interchange I have made :(

1960041612.jpg

Overhead next exit mileage signs.

2060041612.jpg

Exit 82D (I-55 exit numbers). I-80 piggybacks on I-55 down to the St. Paul area before I-80 is again able to travel east-west.

2160041612.jpg

2260041612.jpg

2360041612.jpg

2460041612.jpg

Exit 82B Washington Avenue. New Capital Stadium is the next exit.

2560041612.jpg

2660041612.jpg

2760041612.jpg

Washington Avenue overpass. Guide sign for the Exit 82A for Capital Stadium. It is on the Brittany River Highway (D50 and N18).

2860041612.jpg

Sneak peak at Capital Stadium.

2960041612.jpg

Satellite view of Martin County, District of Wenzel.

3060041612.jpg

3160041612.jpg

Thanks for coming along. Wow, I am really happy with the way that satellite view of my county turned out...and the photoshopping for Capital Stadium...though I am nervous whether or not I can replicate it in my next update! (I should have created a template...I meant to, and then it didn't happen, sigh. It was a real hassle to get the images from West Town...the game takes so long to load that tile and whenever I save it freezes after I finish saving or crashes to desktop without saving. Disappointing how eventually SimCity figures out how to eat your RAM...I used to have 4 GB then upped to 8 GB and that tile ran like a dream, but now that tile is a crash to desktop or freeze waiting to happen, sigh.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

That satellite picture is very well done!

Have you ever considered DAT packing your plugins? It drastically increased my performance. I went from massive crashing problems just playing a medium tile with 3 GB of cc to being able to play large tiles that stay very stable up until the tile is ~75% developed, and past that just slow down, don't get unstable.

Share this comment

:O
Dude, nice update as always!
Like the tilt-shift effect that you made, it's kinda turning popular in the journals and adds personality at your photos.
And your highway already looks like a driver's nightmare!!! :D

Share this comment

Yeah seriously, when I look at your regional sattelite picture I'm like Oh ma gawd *.* , too amazing! :lol: The curving highways and the obliteration of the grid when we reach the downtown area. I also like the placement of the airport! Not too far from the city, but far enough to make sure that air traffic is handled safely. And those mountains! Wow, beautifully forested with the occasional winding road. I'm sorry to hear that SC4 is causing problems like that. :( , but whatever effort you put into these updates, it really pays off. :yes:

Share this comment

Thanks...I'm worried about Datpacking as it is hard to update (though I could DAT pack all those files that never need updating) or the possibility that there is just a bad file in my plugins somewhere. Oh well...live and learn...when I play SC2013 I'll have to take a more methodical approach to my plugins, haha.

I actually did a tilt-shift (unintentionally) many updates ago (before SC2013 was announced) of Wellington Park...I really understand how it makes things look like models. It was so strange to see when I first did it.

Yeah, the airport is only the original smaller airport for Martin. The city is rapidly outgrowing it and I plan to build a huge international airport near the Christina River (the southern most river) near St. Paul.

Share this comment

All those winding roads really paid of for one of the most, if not [i]the most[/i], amazing region views I've ever seen. Great realism!

Share this comment

It might seem a pain to update datpacked plugins but it's not bad. I pack mine in categories, so i end up with a file for industrial, one for high rises, one for small homes, etc., and every 3 months or so sort the accumulated new downloads out and distribute into my backup plugins, then pack them all up again, it's pretty quick. That way you can also swap needed categories into and out of your plugins as if you were using a selective system.

If you decide not to go the datpack route you should consider running the BSC cleanitol; it pulls all the .txt, .jpg, and other non-SC4 files from your plugins and moves them into another folder. The number of files inside your Plugins folder also slows down the game; it's not entirely about filesize.

Good luck!

Share this comment

Yeah, I ran the cleanitol to get rid of all those files. I tried to datpack and I also datpack the DAMN remove folder, but when I try to load a city the game just crashes. I'm not afraid of datpacking anymore...I'm really excited to see how it can affect my game, but the effect right now is really poor...I can't play if I datpack! I'm going to try and datpack everything EXCEPT the DAMN remove folder. Hopefully that works!

Share this comment

hmmm I didn't know you use DAMN; I'm not sure datpacking and using the damn are compatible. I know next to nothing about the DAMN but I would think your best bet would be removing the DAMN completely, then datpacking by categories, then set the damn back up. /shrug sorry man :(

Share this comment

I'll have to read more about it, but I have read of other people, DATpacking everything including DAMN, some DATpacking just the original files and leaving the DAMN remove folder alone. O well.

Share this comment

[quote name='jerseybison' timestamp='1335227141']
Nice CJ. What's the building to the right of the Washington Avenue Overpass? Thanks
[/quote]

Honestly, I have no idea! I'll have to do some research....

Share this comment