• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The islands of Maeenboodhoo & Rinbudhoo

elavery

mahibadhoos_banner_1.jpg

Replies:

DCMetro34: The water colour for the most part works well. Although at shallow depths it can become a bit too bright.

titanicbuff: No shortage of ocean here!

Schulmanator: I kind of guessed everyone was in the mood for a tropical escape.

TowerDude: I want to go there too!

TekindusT: Today you will be seeing the other side of paradise.

ggamgus: Thanks for the rating!

Evillions: Thanks. That means a lot coming from an expert CJer as yourself.

10000000000000: Party time indeed.

hahei: I love mosaics.

maeenboodhoo_image_3.jpg

The village of Maeenboodhoo, population about 1200, is one of the main settlements on the atoll of Hulhudheli. Hulhudheli is one of the more isolated atolls in the country and is a quite a distance from the capital of Dhiraagu. This relative isolation means that the atoll is not as modernised as other parts of the Mahibadhoos.

maeenboodhoo_image_1.jpg

This overcrowded island is off-limits to tourists as the Mahibadhian government wants its population to retain a conservative islamic lifestyle. Some more cynical people claim the government doesn't want the outside world to see that such poverty exists in this supposed paradise.

maeenboodhoo_mosaic_1.jpg

Maeenboodhoo has a bustling little port and relies on everything from food and building materials being shipped in, as you can see there is no suitable farming land at all!

maeenboodhoo_mosaic_2.jpg

Not far from Maeenboodhoo is the uninhabited island of Rinbudhoo. When the people of Maeenboodhoo want to escape from their crowded island they come here. Rinbudhoo really is the definition of a desert island.

rinbudhoo_image_2.jpg

rinbudhoo_image_1.jpg

rinbudhoo_mosaic_1.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed today's visit to islands normally off-limits to outsiders. For now, it is time to rest and get ready for our next adventure in the Mahibadhoos.

maeenboodhoo_image_2.jpg

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

I don't want to sound like a gushy teenager, but your island is freakin' awesome. I'm a particular fan of the shanty town outside the port and lack of power they have. Good show ol' chap.

Share this comment

You have outdone yourself, elavery. These islands are beyond perfect. You just keep making these fantastic entries and you will never receive anything below 5/5. :D

Share this comment

Excellent work! This is just an amazing CJ. The quality and effort you put into it makes this CJ amazing. Excellent job and keep it up :) I've RSS and Bookmarked :)

Share this comment

Guest hahei

Posted

You MUST do a tutorial, master elavery.

Share this comment

This is one of the most convincing CJs I've ever seen. I can easily imagine being there with the smell of the city in the air and my hair blowing in the breeze . . . it's so tropical :D I love it!

Share this comment

My gosh! Where did you get...all of it!? I must know!!! *ahem* Sorry.
But WOW! You've done a great job working with limited space, which happens to be my preferred play style ;) Would you mind directing me to any of the buildings you used? I don't even know where to begin...

Share this comment

[quote name='ilovedogs' timestamp='1340057342']
where did you get the houses
[/quote]

[quote name='ilovedogs' timestamp='1340057342']
where did you get the houses
[/quote]

[quote name='escilnavia' timestamp='1334492593']
where'd you get those latin houses? Those look great!
[/quote]

[quote name='escilnavia' timestamp='1334492593']
where'd you get those latin houses? Those look great!
[/quote]

[quote name='Paulobergonci' timestamp='1334433944']
stunning! great work
may i ask you where did you get those houses?
[/quote]

[quote name='Paulobergonci' timestamp='1334433944']
stunning! great work
may i ask you where did you get those houses?
[/quote]

Share this comment