• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 58 - 4/2/12 - East I-80: Jade Creek to 80th Street

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 58 - East I-80: Jade Creek to 80th Street

We continue east (the bottom of the pictures) along Interdistrict 80. Today we will cross Jade Creek, pass under Fairchild Road, go through the "Hillside Interchange", and pass through the current outskirts of Martin. Please check out the Map to see where we are.

0158040212.jpg

0258040212.jpg

Passing by farms parallel to Marshall Ave.

0358040212.jpg

Curve to bypass some elevation.

0458040212.jpg

Another guide sign for the upcoming "Hillside Interchange" to Fairchild.

0558040212.jpg

The Brittany River Highway following the contours of the river jogs north to within 300 feet of I-80.

0658040212.jpg

0758040212.jpg

Fairchild Road (County Highway X) overpass.

0858040212.jpg

0958040212.jpg

Interdistrict 580 is signed as a North-South route though its parent route is East-West 80. I-580 is a spur and is signed based on the direction it mostly travels, north-south.

1058040212.jpg

1158040212.jpg

1258040212.jpg

1358040212.jpg

Yes, I-80 travels on "ramps" in SC4 with exits to North 580 and to East 80 running along a "mainline". This is a remnant from the "original" routing of I-80.

1458040212.jpg

This guide sign lets I-80 travelers know they can connect with D50 and N18 (Brittany River Highway) via 88th Street. In reality D50 and N18 is accessible from every exit via the north-south artery, and this is the only guide sign that shows this information.

1558040212.jpg

1658040212.jpg

1758040212.jpg

North 88th Street overpass. It seems some delinquent Bellview High School students vandalized the facade deriding their rival Martin West High School.

1858040212.jpg

1958040212.jpg

Advance guide sign with distances to the next three exits.

2058040212.jpg

Sound walls help mitigate some of the noise pollution from I-80.

2158040212.jpg

2258040212.jpg

North 80th Street overpass. City workers have painted over graffiti on this bridge. Anchor Road is the next arterial 1/2 mile up the road.

2358040212.jpg

2458040212.jpg

2558040212.jpg

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the control city for West I-80 is Chemeketa. I found this name in Aydina??? Correct me if I am wrong people...anyways, just another little shoutout within my city to other great journals!

I uploaded the sections of the freeway we have seen to the Street Map. I hope you enjoy it. I have actually mapped out I-80 all the way to its downtown intersection with I-55 (north-south freeway) and I-55 down to south of the Penelope River. While mapping, I am getting super inspiration to develop more and more of the city...I can't even decide where to work next!!!

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

'sup, packersfan. i should change my name to wenzelfan cause this is the most amazing CJ in the whole site! Congratulations, man.

Also, a suggestion: why don't you explore a little bit more of St. Paul? If I remember, you wanted that cityto be the 2nd biggest in your region. It would be nice to return to that place. Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

Keep awesome, my friend! Kudos from Brazil!!!

Share this comment

Luiz...I have actually been building up both Hawthorne and St. Paul, but it seems I have always had more developed and finished areas and new projects popping up. I hope that our Interdistrict Highway tour will take us south to St. Paul and thus updates focusing on that area of the county. I have also picked out a possible location for a brand new international airport closer to the St. Paul area. I definitely plan on covering it within the next few months.

Share this comment

[quote name='packersfan' timestamp='1333893222']
Luiz...I have actually been building up both Hawthorne and St. Paul, but it seems I have always had more developed and finished areas and new projects popping up. I hope that our Interdistrict Highway tour will take us south to St. Paul and thus updates focusing on that area of the county. I have also picked out a possible location for a brand new international airport closer to the St. Paul area. I definitely plan on covering it within the next few months.
[/quote]

OK, first...
[color=#ff0000][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]OMGOMGOMGHEANWSERMEOMG!!!!!![/b][/font][/color]

...crazy moment over...

Second, I'm really looking forward to it. I've seen your latest update of the highway already in Martin and i'm quite curious how it's gonna be in Downtown (you said something about a intersection near Farquat University, sounds tricky!).

And third, also looking forward to see the international Airport. That never passed on my mind really...

Keep up the good work, dude!!!

Share this comment

ooo, btw, check out the updated map...I am only releasing sections of it so as not to spoil the whole system plan.

Share this comment

[quote name='megie' timestamp='1345469040']
I think you must be very good at playing traffic.AND I remembered the 18 Wheels of Steel.
[/quote]

Thanks? 18 Wheels of Steel?

Share this comment