• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

War Memorial

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

South Wirdleonia: War Memorial

memorial-annc-1.jpg

12blast3.jpg

From this scene of destruction, a fitting tribute to the feline warriors and innocent victims rises up.

The design for the site preserves the impact site and provides a focal point for those coming to pay tribute to the fallen. The dedication ceremony features several keynote speakers, including the Supreme Wirdle, Princess Katherine and Chancellor Mooky. In attendance also were several dignitaries from friendly nations.

wirdle-praying2.jpg

After the speeches, the Supreme Wirdle joins others in a prayer led by Schulmania’s patron saints, St. Francis and St. Flora

swmm0.jpg

The memorial site experience begins along the Walk of Honor, bringing visitors from the park entrance to the memorial site

swmm01.jpg

The Walk of Honor continues through a thick grove of trees, planted as part of the memorial, to the edge of the largest crater left behind by the Queensferry attack

swmm02.jpg

The manicured grounds and procession of flags intentionally give way as one approaches the rugged lip of the crater

swmm03.jpg

We now begin to see the size of the crater at the heart of the memorial site

swmm04.jpg

At the heart of the site, in the center of the crater, at its lowest point, rises the stone Memorial Tower

swmm05.jpg

A wider view of the tower in its context

swmm06.jpg

No path carries you from the edge of the crater to the tower. You have to slowly make your way amongst the rocks and foliage, giving you time to reflect on the site and its meaning.

swmm07.jpg

Inside, at ground level, sits a small museum dedicated to the military history of the Southlands and the site

swmm08.jpg

A memorial shrine sits close tot the top of the tower, close to the carillon

swmm09.jpg

The view from the rooftop is worth the dizzying climb

swmm10.jpg

The dignitaries conducted a small dedication ceremony in the shrine with survivors of the attack

swmm11.jpg

The names of those lost in the war in Wirdleonia are engraved into the walls along the stairway leading to the shrine

swmm12.jpg

Once the dedication is over, the site will become a place for quiet reflection

swmm13.jpg

And, as with all Schulmania Nati9onal Parks facilities, there is no admission charge

swmm14.jpg

As we leave this space, let us not forget the price of freedom…

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

"[color="#414141"][size="2"][i]No path carries you from the edge of the crater to the tower. You have to slowly make your way amongst the rocks and foliage, giving you time to reflect on the site and its meaning."[/i][/size][/color]
[color="#414141"][size="2"][i]
[/i][/size][/color]
[size="2"][color="#414141"]Reflective and tranquil memorial, quite opposite to the post-bombing site. The perfect amount of poignancy.[/color][/size]

Share this comment

Those Schulminions lost in the unjustifiable attack are in my prayers. The memorial serves as an excellent reminder for all time. Excellent work! I hope this will rally Schulmania to victory over the Buggs!

Share this comment

Queensferry outguns and outmans Schulmania. Yet, Schulmania has something that Queensferry will never have: pride for every single soldier, whether they've won or lost to the enemy in battle.

That made Schulmania the winner before the war even began...

Share this comment

It's like the Rebels vs. the Empire: the Rebels were far weaker, but they won in the end :)

[i]As always, the prayers of the citizens of the Boneilan Empire go with the dead, wounded, missing, or otherwise affected Schulminions in the war.[/i]

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]Benedict[/color][/b] Thanks! I am glad you liked it and I appreciate the comment.

[b][color=blue]NMUSpidey[/color][/b] We are on a roll with building up our defenses…

[b][color=blue]Ggagmus[/color][/b] Agreed! And well put!

[b][color=blue]Emperordaniel[/color][/b] Our strength stems from the righteousness of our actions. Theirs spews forth from a gun…

[b][color=blue]100000000000[/color][/b] Agreed! And thank you for visiting the memorial.

[b][color=blue]LastTrueChamp[/color][/b] Thanks! I am glad you liked it.

[b][color=blue]Escilnavia[/color][/b] [i]Obrigado![/i] And thank you for visiting.

[center][center] [/center][/center]

[right][right] [/right][/right]
[right][right][Volume 3 Update #217][/right][/right]
[right][right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right][/right]

Share this comment