• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 52 - 2/27/12 - South Martin: St. Mary's College and Knox Park

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 52 - South Martin: St. Mary's College and Knox Park

As per request, the next few updates will further explore South Martin. Today we have some pictures of St. Mary's College, Knox Park, and some shots of South Martin Luther King Jr Drive and West Albany Avenue.

0152022712.jpg

0252022712.jpg

ABOVE: St. Mary's College with a beautiful new cathedral.

BELOW: Police and fire stations along Martin Luther King Jr Drive.

0352022712.jpg

A few commerical establishments along King Drive.

0452022712.jpg

The intersection of West Albany Avenue and MLK Drive is a little bleak with some abandoned lots.

0552022712.jpg

Albany Avenue on the southern end of Knox Park.

0652022712.jpg

0752022712.jpg

Knox Park

0852022712.jpg

0952022712.jpg

Hmmm, that seem like a small update. Maybe I will put updates up with more frequency...or not. Next week I will have shots of industrial areas north of McHenry Boulevard along Harrison Road. Keep the requests and comments flowing in! See you at the latest in a week. Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are. Tell me what you think of the new map style (scroll down to the farthest south area of google map style). I am currently overhauling and adding many new maps, keep checking it out!

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice update. I like Knox Park a lot. MLK and Albany could have been better with a loop. The university design seem rushed. I'd check out Retep's CJs for some university campus examples. Great work over there. Overall though, a nice update.

Share this comment

I love how your cities have so many winding, twisting roads. It gives your cities a lot of character. [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/19.gif[/img]

Share this comment

I really enjoy that park, very nice. What set are the paths from? I'm so new at the custom content thing, I need to catch up, ha.

I lol'ed at your Whataburger! Are you from TX? Whataburger is a TX exclusive chain (I think)...it's quite delicious! Either way, the city is looking good.

Share this comment

Hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. Feedback is a gift. Even if its not supposed to be a campus per sey, the design still looks rushed and would prob look better with a different layout for streets.

Share this comment

Yeah, really I was just throwing a campus down. Especially since the university reward helps out with demand, etc.

No, I am not from Texas. I have never been to a Whataburger...maybe someday on a roadtrip, haha. I use pretty much any restaurants that have been made in SimCity since there are limited options.

Share this comment

I loved the last picture. Those crowded suburbs next to that park look beautiful. There's a similar example of that where I live now.

Sorry I didn't see you actually did finish the tutorial, the last time I checked, you haven't got to drawing the streets yet, but now you did, and I hope to try it on one of my own cities :)

Share this comment

Yeah, it will be a bittersweet experience jumping from SC4 to SC5. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint and it grows like SC4 has grown!

Share this comment