• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ettlebrook County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update on CJ, Future Planning!

Sign in to follow this  
JKRMC

I've been given instructions on how to properly upload images. (Thanks to those who gave them!)

I plan on continuing the City Journal in the future, but in between this time right now were I'm experimenting with PLUGINS and ways of developing cities and when I decide that I'm secure with the way I'm going to operate my CJ there will be very few updates. (Yes, I'm acting like I have a huge audience... ) I plan on uploading entries of different things I'm experimenting on that I think work really well or are for sure going to be used in the CJ.

Now, here comes that part that I've been anticipating to write.

I plan on making Ettlebrook Count a relatively developed area, with one or two major metropolis(s) with many towns or small farming communities. A majority of the land will be terraformed in a sensible, realistic, but very lively manor. With a major mountains system relatively close to the Ocean Coast. along with one or two river(s). Right now my plan is to have the Ocean Coast & Coastal Lowlands & Mountains near the Eastern part of the region with lots of rolling prairies and rivers to the west with the middle of the region having many lakes and streams. I think it will be an interesting place to build a city and with it being completely homemade, no downloaded regions it'll make this CJ just that much more unique.

I also plan on slowly turning the way I operate this CJ from the impractical way of asking for suggestions to being just a city journal from the point of views of the County Council (basically what I mean is that I'll have different sections in each entry, one for each city supervisor (7 in total), they will each give their opinions and suggestions (completely made up by me). The Council are the people on the city council of the actual game, along with the extra one, me, the County Seat Chairman). I'm changing this because I realized that you everyone would always give their suggestions/comments on the city whether or not I encourage it (I thought that using the community in the story line would be a lot of fun, but it'd be a hastle and after thinking about it for a while it makes no sense). I'm still going to give a list of my favorite comments on that last entry, a "Questions of the Entry" and credits to those whose ideas I have used but instead of acting as if the community is a part of the County Council I figure this would be much easier and make much more sense. At least it makes a lot of sense in my head.

Well, that's really all I have for now, cya guys in the next entry!

QUESTION OF THE ENTRY! "I need suggestions on everything and anything, so heave 'em at me! No suggestions is stupid! I want anything you guys think it'd be nice to see in a CJ!"

As of right now credits for my CJ are 0 other than the instructions on how to upload images, which I mentioned in the top of this entry, but I'll add to this when needed.

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Well since your going down a more political route with this you could develop political characters with their own agenda, ect. then you could have elections for different seats... I dont know, just an idea... ;)

Share this comment

[quote name='Idonoghue' timestamp='1326690760']
Well since your going down a more political route with this you could develop political characters with their own agenda, ect. then you could have elections for different seats... I dont know, just an idea... ;)
[/quote]

I'm liking that, although I'd have to think about it a tad bit more.

Share this comment