Doc's world

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Doc's Hong Kong : mass transit and trafic update

Sign in to follow this  
LeDocteur

Welcome back in Hong Kong, the amazing metropolis !

cxl_screenshot_hong%20kong_64.jpg

This edition of HK' City Journal is about trafic issues and mass transit system, which are real bad problems for the actual mayor, me! :thumb:

The city is earning a lot of money but spending a lot too, mostly for education, entertainement and global satisfaction of it's citizens. Even if they declare feeling satisfied over 96%, inhabitants will always complain about trafic jams and badly drown metro network.

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_93.jpg

Some unlucky dudes have many reasons to complain : living just next to an international airport is quite uncomfortable. >:(

gamescreen0067.jpg

Here is a map presenting global trafic : as you can see cars and trucks are overflowing the roads capacity and most of the day, jams paralyses the trafic.

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_88.jpg

Trying to fix that, the mayor decided to put the public money in, at first a bus network owning 2 terminus stations for 8 lines : 3 double dekker and 5 standard bus.Here the the biggest Bus station, right in the middle of the city.Average use of the 8 lines is about 49% for a 71 808 $ monthly cost. The 6th line (double dekker) costs on it's own 25 829$ per months ! :O

gamescreen0093.jpg

Here's a map of the bus line's tracks. 6 are leading to the big central station and 2 to the smaller one far in the suburb.

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_95.jpg

Here you can admire the quiet small bus station far away in the high tech area .

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_91.jpg

Here : Old Bicock subway station.

To encrease the power of this useful network, the mayor decided in a second time that the city needed a Subway network : very bad idea ! :rage:

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_94.jpg

Newport station.

Average use of the 8 lines is about 8% for 60 195$ montlhy cost. All the 8 tracks are working with short trains, so the city is really unhappy of this useless and expensive invest.

gamescreen0095.jpg

Here the subway tracks, dense but useless network...

cxl_screenshot_hong%252520kong_96.jpg

For the end,West Island station ending the 4th and 7th lines on West Island.

In conclusion, this miss on the mass transit challenge has helped me for further works, I made this one a long time ago and learned from my mistakes since that.

Thanks a lot for visiting Hong Kong , excuse my english (i translated myself from french) and dont hesistate to comment nor ask questions. Don't forget to visit the official thread here and here, thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Ton anglais est parfait, mieux que mon francais :golly:
Looks great.. For the metro usage, do you use the metro increase mod? This might help to reduce your road traffic and to up your metro usage..

Share this comment

thanks a lot dude... i aint no english master :blush:

i know that mod but i don t want to use it , i know i can manage a good subway network without it so i ll try that way, without any such scpecific tool, i think it kills the challenge and the more difficult it is, the more i love it....i played this city about 1 and half a year ago and added some buildings as i downloaded it so my newest work got better.... thakns again for visiting.

Share this comment

[quote name='City Planner' timestamp='1320674364']
Is that the statue of liberty I see in Hong Kong?
[/quote]

look after in the first entry of this city , i explain i haven t tried to rebuild HK, i only gave this name because of the map wich is the real map of HK :yes:

Share this comment