• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Road to Bayokan + Airport Progress

Sign in to follow this  
Sky Guy

Welcome back!

Well, the new airport's construction has officially begun.

Here is a rough plan of what the layout will look like (things are liable to change)

Picture2.jpg

With the new activity, city development has already started moving towards the construction site.

The airport will be the first on all of Borneo with two runways, allowing for it to become a major hub for the whole region.

Here are some shots of how progress is coming along:

NewBandarSabahInternationalA-Jan22011318883997.jpg

NewBandarSabahInternationalA-Jan22011318883957.jpg

In the meantime I thought we could take a road-trip to Bayokan, a city north of Bandar Sabah.

The two cities have been linked by a cracking, steep, and dangerous raod for many years.

Recently the trip has gotten a lot safer with the whole highway being re-done to four lanes.

The new highway is a smooth ride, and part of the road has now been put underground.

Work is still being done, but the drive is certainly worth the construction delays:

BandarSabahNorth-Mar14061319661843.jpg

RiverA.jpgRiverB.jpgRiverC.jpg

Highway-May17001318732321.jpg

Bayokan-Feb17021319662306.jpg

Bayokan-Feb17021319662806.jpg

Bayokan-Feb17021319663319.jpg

8)

EDIT: haha, I will give a +1 to whoever can find the oddity in one of my pictures that I forgot to take out... :P

Stay tuned for the full showcase of Bayokan, and more scenes from the airport.

Replies:

Panthersimcity4: Thanks, and yep, the city is already moving along the coast. I will show it soon ;)

Schulmanator: Thanks, no worries with the money issue, the sultan has no problem spending, as long as it is for something he is interested in... :P

10000000000: Thanks, yeah, the runways will run east and west. Thanks for the tips :D

NMUSpidey: Thanks, yeah, I can see where you are coming from, but I don't want to be seen as too wealthy of a nation. Thanks again. :)

keder: Thanks, and with the city's growth rate, the distance won't be as far. ;)

TekindusT: Thanks, and Chep Lak is a large influence on this... thanks for the idea :D

Evillions: Thanks, yeah I always thought it looked more realistic to have the streets connected- I am glad you noticed :yes:

Towedude: Wish granted! :P

Smartybylaw: Thanks, as I said to Keder, the city is growing in that direction, so the distance won't be as long. :D

Hazy37: Thank you.

nihonkaranws: Wow! Good to hear from ya Nihon! Thanks, about the language, I don't know if I have enough time to come up with anything, but I will think about it, oh and the houses are part of the LBT house-pack: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=890

escilnavia: Thank, yeah college is time consuming, but so far its been fun. :D

peep12: Thanks, actually everything that I used to build the airport is already on STEX (it is all modular) ;)

Sign in to follow this  

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

That Highway looks extremely scenic :) . I'd love to drive on it sometime :P . Beautiful work on Bayokan, I can't wait to see the whole thing :). As for the Oddity, may it be that cropped tree in the middle of the road in the last picture? :O . The airport is coming along great! Can't wait for your next update, but until then 5/5 :thumb:

Share this comment

1000000000: Yep, thats it! I can't believe I forgot to take it out, haha :whatevs: +1 for you (looks like someone else gave you a point as well ;) )

Share this comment

Looks great Sky! You've really mastered the SE Asia theme, seriously it looks unbelievably realistic. Thanks for those houses by the way, they will come in handy. Also I see you remodeled the Joro homes which have also been quite useful.

Share this comment

[color="#FF00FF"]Can't wait to see the airport take shape.. the design looks great so far. It should help me get inspiration for my own airport.[/color]

:blush:

Share this comment

I love your City because I can always relate to it... Anyway, where did you get those lots with red and green roofs? Thanks in advance...

Share this comment