Sandalwood County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A Fair Farm in Fall

_marsh_

banneryg.jpg

Let us take a break from the town, shall we? :)

9-1

Expansion even out here. On the stretch of road between the I-16 offramp and Sandalwood. Sure not as much, but things are still changing. Even out here.

img1yt.jpg

9-2

The summer of the Four Year Mark has passed and the cool Autumn air takes over the landscape once again.

img2ht.jpg

9-3

Not too long ago a new organization set up in the county. The state said it would be best to set up a department of transportation. Especially after the massive length of highway through the region, as the other counties would have too much to manage. So the SDOT built it's first headquarters in the country. They chose the fork in the road, where Johnson has had his home for many years now.

img3rr.jpg

9-4

With this growth comes change. The recent surge of residents have created issues of 'land ownership'. Never a concern in Sandalwood until now. Many farmers have set up fences to keep their cows in when not watching them. Roaming laws are still free in the county. However that may change.

img5i.jpg

9-5

Behind old Johnsons place lies a strange sight. A swamp of sorts settled between massive boulders. Ones of which residents have no idea how they got there.

img7h.jpg

9-6

img8f.jpg

9-7

The rocks jut out of the ground like miniature monoliths surrounding the area below. Rain water accumulates in the ditch and becomes heaven for frogs and mosquitoes of the like.

img9is.jpg

9-8

The clear skies of the day close in and prepares for a cold front. The clouds thicken and the winds pick up. It wont be fall for much longer. Looks like Mr. Johnson down there should pack up his gear quick.

img11x.jpg

22 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh my marsh! The marsh is beautiful! And that car, it looks like a photo!

Share this comment

Marsh, the attention to detail you put into every single image is just splendid. It's very refreshing to see such a high quality, completely rural, city journal.

Share this comment

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedo. Once again, a magnificent entry. I saw epic written up there in the comments and yes, you play some epic SC4. Dang.

Share this comment

Mind blowing terrain. O___O

I got a question, do those trees turn into snow covered trees in the winter? Because I do want to use seasonal trees some time later.

Share this comment

That TSC terrain mod is just beautiful, everything you do blends so nicely with it. I love how it mixes well with both brownish and greenish flora, and without the need to bury things in RRP green rye grass. Must....resist....changing....from meadowshire.

Really nice job on the swampy bits with the brown water too.

:ninja:

Share this comment

Love the update. The way you added the wind gusts looks great. =]

Also, I'm glad you found the ploppable cars. =D

Share this comment

I love how you take a game that was developed to showcase city building/planning and architecture, and completely turn it on it's head. I love seeing all your nature scenes. Quite breathtaking. :boggle:

Share this comment

Absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see how this will develop! :ohyes:

Just one question, how do you put random cars all over the place? Are they ploppable cars? If so, where can I find them? ;)

Share this comment

[u][b]Replies[/b][/u]

[b]10000000, mamaluigi, simfreak, k50dude, Mastof, Keder, evanm, Efkin, hahei, Thomasimpsion, NMUspidey, paskersfan, gugu, blunder, spursule, zulu, DCmetro, Vlasky, wallacet & others:[/b]I wish i could reply to you all personally, but there are many comments and I only have so much time. :( So I hope the thank yous suffice. :)

Evillions: No they do not. Only some of the pines do, the seasonal ones anyways.

miguelkuk: They are the VIP teams [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26808-vip-carpackmmp/"]ploppable cars[/url]. ;)

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections