• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Downtown San Lorenzo

panthersimcity4

Welcome again to San Lorenzo! As you may or may not know, I've mostly redesigned the entire city. I needed a change since the old San Lorenzo wasn't feeling right. For this update, I'll show the downtown area & other things.

San Lorenzo is the largest city in the state of New Loreto. It is the main port and commercial center of the state, which consists of multiple islands. San Lorenzo is located on the island of Santa Rosa.

sanlorenzo2gg.jpg

This is Jackson Square, a popular area located just east of the downtown area. It intersects two of the busiest thoroughfares in the city - Washington Carver Avenue and 3rd Avenue. Around the area are many historic buildings, in particular the St. Lawrence Cathedral.

sanlorenzo1.jpg

Here's a mosaic showing Washington Carver Ave at the top with a glimpse of Chinatown, and the city skyline at the bottom. The city's downtown is dense and therefore makes it an unaffordable place to live for most people.

sanlorenzo2s.jpg

A close up of the US Bank tower & Lawrence Tower - the city's two tallest buildings. The US Bank tower is the tallest, and was built in 1972. The Lawrence Tower was built in 1943 and was one of the tallest buildings west of the Mississippi in its time.

sanlorenzo5.jpg

One of the city's most famous landmarks is the Peace Globe in Peace Globe Square. It is considered the center of the city due to its location and importance. The square is surrounded by pine trees, various skyscrapers, and in the center it is dominated by the Peace Globe Sculpture. The sculpture was built in 1965 for the World Pacific Fair. It was dedicated to hope for world peace and was a very popular rallying place for hippies in the late 60s. Locals joke you can still smell patchouli in the surrounding plaza. :P

sanlorenzo4g.jpg

Another of the city's most iconic landmarks is the Seahawk Building. It was the city's first skyscraper, built in 1915. It continues to be an iconic fixture on the waterfront skyline. There are plans to convert the empty stores in the building into a microbrewery to attract upper-middle class folks.

sanlorenzo6g.jpg

The city's waterfront is a fun area for people to visit for shopping and dining... particularly Fisherman's Wharf, which is a former fishing port area converted into commercial properties. The main avenue in front of the waterfront is Wharf Avenue. Buildings along Wharf Avenue are the Seahawk Building, some converted lofts, and high-rise office buildings.

sanlorenzo15.jpg

Now some random pics...

sanlorenzof8.jpg

sanlorenzo11.jpg

sanlorenzo14.jpg

sanlorenzo12.jpg

sanlorenzo13.jpg

Thanks for reading! This update was sponsored by...

altz.jpg

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

3 of the best City Journals updating today, San Lorenzo, Sandalwood County, and Auburn. I love what you've done with your city. The CP and Spa old buildings, it's all well put together, I love it. Have you thought of adding some old looking suburbs around you downtown in that suburban area or are you not interested in that. Anything you do it will be nice, I love the changes.

Share this comment

Boy, good thing I decided to come look at this again- I didn't even realize this was a new update. :P

Anyway, amazing update- and yes I am catching those glimpses of Photoshop (with those planters and the highway)- great stuff :thumb:

Share this comment

Excellent work. I really like the waterfront buildings and the decorations beneath the elevated highway (that is especially nice, not seeing verdant green fields in a downtown urban setting ;) ). 5/5!

Share this comment

Zulu2065: I'm flattered, thanks!!
Sky Guy: Thanks!! Darnit, you noticed my photoshopping. :ninja:
Schulmanator: Thanks x8!
1000000... (etc): Thank you!!
NMUSpidey: Yeah, those pesky green fields are bothersome when it comes to urban highways. Thanks for the comment!

Share this comment