• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

September 12th 2001: The Day After

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

bannercomentarios.jpg

Benedictx2: Thank you for your comment! I thought that I should add a little extra if I was going to show one of the most-seen buildings ever here!

Mithrik: Thanks for commenting!

111222333444: Thank you for your comment!

Adrianor: ¡Gracias por comentar! Seems that all baseball-bored people have gathered in this CJ!

Zulu2065: Thanks for your comment and question, answered in the comments section.

GreekManx2: Thank you for commenting! I'm relatively a newbie at football, but I consider myself a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I know, it's the easy choice, but they've been in 3 out of the 7 Super Bowls I've seen...

MamaLuigi945: Thanks for commenting!

escilnava: Thank you for commeting and asking. I explained everything quite exaustively in my GIMP Photoedition Tutorial, you can see it here [link].

Roberto Robatox2: ¡Gracias por comentar!

Evillionsx2: Thanks for your comment! I think I can do something LA-styled with the stuff I already have, but this will be when I feel the current style is over...

keder: Thanks for commenting!

k50dude: Thank you for your comment! Yes, I like (American) football very much in a country where 95% of the population cannot distinguish between football and rugby. It's "tough" to be an NFL fan here, you've got to watch the games on pay-per-view (4 games a week including SNF and MNF), beyond midnight, and barely can't speak about them with anybody. But it's definately worth. Don't follow college football though, can't watch it on TV...

heitomatx2: Thanks for commenting! Since the inception of this CJ, I planned a 3-pic update, but I seriously know this is not enough, this is why I add the pics description, to give something more to the reader.

Mr. Cortez: Thank you for your comment, but I'm afraid you're talking about a pic I've not made, it is borrowed from one of the CJs I draw inspiration from. It usually is eye-candy ploppable water, which fits with its own piers and docks...

Huston: Thank you for your comment!

Frdm920: Thank you for commenting! I guess this happens everywhere, newly asphalted highways running over bumpy and cracked local roads...

spursrule14: Thanks for commenting!

Simarco: Thanks for your comment! This CJ the best out there? Then you've got to take a look to the CJs shown in the update you've commented in!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

bannerbueno.jpg

New York City faced 10 years and 1 day ago, one of its most tragic days, perhaps, its most tragic day ever. Nearly 2600 people died only in the WTC attacks, around 300 more died in the Pentagon attack and in the plane crashed in Pennsylvania.

September 12th was the Day One after the 9/11, the beginning of a new, different, much darker era. For the first time, newyorkers and the rest of the world, couldn't feel safe anymore; and their feeling was ratified in upcoming attacks all over the world.

This is the day after in Rankine.

16551867.jpg

September 11th was a terrible day for New York, for its surrounding areas and for the rest of the world. September 12th was a silent day. People didn't talk at work, bars had no customers and in the market, nobody shouted to sell their products. Everybody was still shocked, and they would remain like this for weeks. A slab of silence had fallen all over the city and all over the nation.

72284225.jpg

At the high school, teens were trying to learn the most difficult lesson of their lives. Trying to understand why these coward attacks happened is way more difficult than linear algebra. Teachers forgot the lessons they had planned, and they simply spoke about what they knew because yesterday most of kids and teens were sent home. Today, everybody listened to the teacher, for the first time in a long time.

090908-sept-11-schools-hmed-3p.grid-6x2.jpg

11396929.jpg

We all know that firefigthers were some of the greatest heroes during the 9/11 and its aftermath, and Rankine's inhabitants also felt this. Two firefighters from Engine 135 and Ladder 94 died yesterday, and some others were in the hospital in a day where almost all NYC firefighters were at the Ground Zero. Today, some Rankiners have walked to the quarters to pay homage to them, they put there some candles, flowers and pictures.

fdny_9_11_01.gif

Rankiners, newyorkers and anybody living when the attacks occured, will never forget.

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

It wasn't [i]perhaps[/i] the worst day in NYC history, it WAS the worst day :P

Your tribute is very nice and thoughtful, and your pictures look very good, nice work as usual!

Share this comment

I was but 4 years old that day but the memory is still fresh in my heart, even if I didn't realize what it meant. You have done a good job here. I am touched.

Share this comment

It is not hard to understand why these attacks happened, the hard is to discover the reality behind them. Actually there are a few possibilities:
1. Like the US government and Dubya adm. said, some islamo-fascists took arms up and brought "death to America", despite the fact the Bin Laden family has been for long time friends with Bush family.
2. It is possible someone, in the US govt. or big corporations, perhaps backed by the President, managed to undercover the greatest terrorist attack ever. Think about it, corporations make huge pressures on presidents, some say they just control presidents. It is possible, if not realistic, that the US corps. needed money, a war, and then they need a good excuse to wreak havoc in the middle east. It's a win-win for corps. they get oil and their McDonalds and Gaps all around Baghdad, Boegin and Halliburton make the money and americans starve without any public health insurance, meanwhile these corps are planning to move to China.

What i want to tell you in short is that people must open their eyes and realize that we simply cannot know the thruth, and just DO NOT believe governments, think with your mind, then try to reach the thruth or just stay in the middle, like i do. I do really hope this wasn't an undercover, but i am afraid it was.

It is ridiculous, the most powerfull but at same time possibily the most unfair country ever, i hope for America that you'll get another Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt or Kennedy.

Share this comment