Bangor

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

PART 3: Downtown Bangor: The Fun Stuff

Sign in to follow this  
City117

Bangor has its commerce, bustling streets, and tall skyscrapers, but it also has a fun side. Aquariums to parks and stadiums to eating. These are the places where sims can relax, hangout, and spend their hard-earned simoleons.

This is Delta Stadium, home of the Bangor Deltas. On the riverfront, but facing the city.

Bangor-Jul72071314748419.png

This is the local Sean M. Ellis Aquarium, near the waterfront, east of downtown.

Bangor-Dec262161315782822.png

This is John Wells Park, a park just west of downtown across I-40. This is a popular biking destination, because its the start of the LaSalle Watershed Trail. Bangor-Oct172171315785433.png

What do we have here? A military demonstration from Walker AFB...

Bangor-Oct192171315785503.png

The St. Shaun Cathedral was the first church built in Bangor, and the tallest structure for 11 years. Now it is the tomb of Priest James Shaun and one great tourist trap.

Bangor-Jan272171315783102.png

The Toyota Center is the only place for basketball in Bangor. Bangor-Jan182171315783005.png

This and the nearby hockey rink bring in allot of customers, so small businesses are taking advantage. Bangor-Feb242201315791346.png

The waterfront (Not to be confused with riverfront, which is a boardwalk along Front Street) is the place where families can come and eat over the water or play at the park. This is the home of the annual Taste of Bangor. Also, a small freight station sits and ships out goods by rail from the few remaining factories from the 1800's.

Bangor-Feb272201315791688.png

This is one of the two massive arenas of the civic center. I would let you guys name it, but I am afraid HSBC pays rights to the name. :read:Bangor-Apr12171315783686.png

If you have any questions I will answer them with an entry. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

pretty cool :thumb: It looks like it has lots of good connections, but I am afraid I am no help to naming it :P

also, it might be a good idea to post one of two updates with several pictures than half a dozen with just one. just a suggestion ;)

Share this comment

It kinda cool how used used the names (unintentionally or intentionally?) of places in my home town of Bangor, Maine. We have the Bangor Civic Center, Library, and Waterfront as well :P

Share this comment

[quote name='janslaven' timestamp='1315856217']
It kinda cool how used used the names (unintentionally or intentionally?) of places in my home town of Bangor, Maine. We have the Bangor Civic Center, Library, and Waterfront as well :P
[/quote]its weird that im not making a real bangor, maine, but it is a big city type of name.

Share this comment