• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 33 - 9/11/11 - Marshall Peninsula Neighborhood

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 33 - Marshall Peninsula Neighborhood

As promised here is a closer look at the neighborhood on Marshall Peninsula.

01091111.jpg

City spreads out into old farmland.

02091111.jpg

Workshops, a grocery store, and a gas station now sit at the intersection on North 40th Street and West Marshall Ave.

03091111.jpg

04091111.jpg

05091111.jpg

06091111.jpg

07091111.jpg

08091111.jpg

09091111.jpg

10091111.jpg

11091111.jpg

12091111.jpg

Duffy Park on the corner of West Marshall Avenue and North 48th Street.

13091111.jpg

Sawyer Avenue Elementary School at the corner of West Sawyer Avenue and North 42nd Street.

14091111.jpg

48th Street and Brittany River Highway Line 6 Purple WTAM Station

15091111.jpg

Overview of Marshall Peninsula

16091111.jpg

I'm trying to do some more lot editing, but haven't had much luck. What I want to do in one case is take NoFunk's Milwaukee apartments and make them into either landmarks or commercial lots so I can plop the residential buildings without them abandoning. Well as you can see the region is really filling out. I'm actually getting to a point where I might add in some highways. That will be fun, haha. Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Your entire region is a piece of art. The development looks incredibly realistic! I love your naming of the streets and your elevated rail network. It really adds to the realism. Great work!

Share this comment

gorgeous update! can't wait for more ;)

btw- I checked the apartments that you want to edit, and you are in luck:

An alternative to what you are doing is you find the .sc4model file which was included in the download. take it and place it in your Documents/simcity/plugins (no other folder, etc) then you can get SC4 Plugin Manager (it comes with the BAT download) and once open you will see all the apartment models. Just drag them to the left area onto whatever type of building you want (CO, LM, etc). This will create a Lot Editor File.

You then open LE, open the same type of Lot as the building you made (so if you made a commercial file, open a commercial lot with similar jobs, and information that you want.) Edit the lot however you want, then click on "buildings then "Replace building" Find the apartment file/s and place it. Then a save as and you're ready to go. ;)

feel free to PM me if you have a question.

Share this comment

Thanks Sky Guy, where can I download it without needing my game registered.

Thanks heitomat.

a_muses - I'll get back to you on which farm mods I use. I can't always remember off the top of my head.

Share this comment

Yeah, I should start working on little towns out there...my plan is that those will either be completely overtaken by the big metropolis or at the very least they will become decent sized suburbs.

Share this comment