New York City

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Special 9/11 Entry

I_am_One

Hello everybody on this day to be remembered in all of history. Today is a different day than usual because today is the 10th aniversery of the attack on the World Trade Center. It still lives in my mind as I lived across the Hudson river at the moment in kindergarten. If you live in america, you probably remember that day too, and if you don't live in america, you probably remember when you first heard about it.

Well lets get to the actual entry

SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2001 - A DAY THE UNFORGETTABLE HAPPENED

tumblrlrcglkligz1qio5s8.jpg

All was okay. It was a quiet Tuesday morning. Everybody's commuting to work and starting off their beautiful, cloudless, sunny day

AND THEN THE UN--EXPECTED HAPPENED ......

tumblrlrcaxq1wis1qidz7s.gif

tumblrloxut1qagl1ql3nwp.gif

The next 3 photos ARE NOT FROM MY CITY JOURNALS OR MY CITY AT ALL! They are from a previous New York City Journal. I felt the need to expose this man's hard work and appreiation for 9/11. Link to it is provided at the bottom of this entry.

40622686.jpg

63061657.png

19748164.png

tumblrlotfygs1yy1qzbht5.jpg

tumblrlrcb0e1w8r1qaue6f.jpg

tumblrlrcgd5ummo1qmho18.png

I already know you're thinking, WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING ???? WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN??? WHY WHERE SO MANY LIVES LOST????

Atleast after all this, there is hope in the future.

wceckc.jpg

The world Trade Center is being rebuilt at this very moment and is expected to be complete in 2015

tumblrlrcdmirpny1qc858i.jpg

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

yorkcitycommemorates10t.jpg

GOD BLESS AMERICA

tumblrlrcdwlusto1qlfqjn.jpg

NEVER FORGET THIS DAY

tumblrlrcgm2giel1qivvmj.jpg

NEXT UPDATE : NJ Transit Midtown Tunnels

njtransittunnel.jpg

New York City Journal - http://www.simtropol...september-2001/

PLEASE LEAVE NO UNNESSARY - BAD COMMENTS

If you haven't seen my 2 previous updates, look at them

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow, that was beautiful. Thank you for this thoughtful update paying tribute to the victims of the attacks on 9/11. This entry really touched my heart.

The picture you mentioned is definitely the saddest picture I've ever seen regarding 9/11. At first when I saw it, I didn't notice the airplane. Then I saw the plane in the background, and it felt like the plane was hitting me straight-on. The rest of the pictures and captions you've provided really make for a beautiful and touching tribute.

Let us all never forget... and God bless America.

Share this comment

This was an amazing update. I'm just sad how many people lost their lives. I remember exactly what happened and I was 3. I hate it when teachers say,"Oh you may not remember what happened," well I remember. I comprehended the building was getting hit by a plane and burning. I love your tribute to 9/11, it's so beautiful. :D On the next update, may we see the new World Trade Center if you've added it?

Share this comment

[quote name='Zulu2065' timestamp='1315785674']
This was an amazing update. I'm just sad how many people lost their lives. I remember exactly what happened and I was 3. I hate it when teachers say,"Oh you may not remember what happened," well I remember. I comprehended the building was getting hit by a plane and burning. I love your tribute to 9/11, it's so beautiful. :D On the next update, may we see the new World Trade Center if you've added it?
[/quote]

I have previously built the new world trade center with nothing around it. I have several pictures of it. I didn't build the new one yet though. I put it up in the next update

Share this comment

[quote name='dlte' timestamp='1315786809']
The 'saddest picture' picture is photoshopped.

[url="http://www.snopes.com/rumors/photos/tourist.asp"]http://www.snopes.co...tos/tourist.asp[/url]
[/quote]

lol oooooops guess I got to take it down now

Share this comment

Amazing, this is a great tribute to those brave and innocent people who lost their lives 10 years ago. We won't forget, our thoughts are with you.

Share this comment

[quote name='TowerDude' timestamp='1315846164']
Those pics aren't yours, are they ? I think I saw them in an other CJ before :???:
[/quote]

He did say it belonged to someone else, he just used them because it was fitting to something like this.

Anyways, I will never forget what happened 10 years ago, R.I.P. to all the innocent men and women in 9/11 and the wars later on.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections