Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Toronto

burnzie_16

First of all I was looking around and seemed to notice that ive never seen anyone build Toronto before so obviously fits in perfect in my Canada territory. Even though its not the capital of the Canadian territory, Toronto is the biggest city and most populated in Canada. As it also is in my region on the Canadian side. It has a population of 189 784 people. It is my favorite city that ive built and i used google earth and real Toronto buildings to see where it all specifically looks.

Welcome!

toronto_aerial.jpg

toronto1k.jpg

toronto2.jpg

Uptown and Toronto's golf and country club.

toronto3.jpg

To downtown!

toronto4.jpg

toronto5.jpg

Main banks of Canada as you see TD Canada trust tower, BMO tower (tallest in Toronto) Scotia bank (in red) Toronto Dominion and CIBC.

toronto6.jpg

toronto22.JPG

Here is Old Toronto vs. the new. As you can see the old City Hall court house, statue of founder, library, private school, church and opera house built in 1823 when Toronto was a small village, and the new one infront there (with the two curved building attached).

The city still preserves them today.

toronto7e.jpg

Toronto-cityhall.jpg

More new development of modern Toronto.

toronto8.jpg

In front of the CN tower and the Skydome (baseball stadium) with high end apartments and condos looking on the lake.

toronto9.jpg

A picture of the suburbs of Toronto. You would think alot it would be the best place to raise children instead of a big crowded city, however crime is always lingering.

toronto10.jpg

The poorer parts and industry boost in this sector. Its a shame it was the only place to put the airport to give travelers a bad first impression when they take their first steps in Toronto, only to find grimy old building and industry.

toronto11.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Comments are always appreciated! Keep in mind most of these building except downtown obviously are naturally grown. Most of my cities are like that. Makes more of a challenge ;)

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

If this is supposed to be a replica of the real Toronto then why not use more of the real buildings from Toronto available here on the STEX?.

Share this comment

[quote name="Xander Dax" timestamp="1362298419"]If this is supposed to be a replica of the real Toronto then why not use more of the real buildings from Toronto available here on the STEX?" At the time I made this which was actually long ago, those were all the BATS available in the STEX for Toronto

Share this comment

would mind sending the links of the BATs you used in this journal because I looked all over the STEX and could only find the Scotia Bank

Share this comment

Fantastic, love seeing Canada represented artistically. I agree with many of the above that this definately isnt a realistic representation of Toronto, it does look great. Maybe put a note that your version is a fantasized version of Toronto.

I love the use of the buildings- i wish theyd had these when I was active in SC4 years ago! 

Anyways keep goin, would love to see a region view

Share this comment

To everyone who is wondering where I got these Toronto BATS: I made this city years ago but kept procrastinating to upload it! I got most of them off the maxis site for sim city 4, from the custom exchange BATS there that people have made and also some from Simtropolis if you search Toronto I used some of the remaining BATS there but please note that some might not be up anymore.

Share this comment