Baychester

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Easton: The "Small Town" Suburb

Sign in to follow this  
turdferguson1

Hello guys and gals, I'm back to bring another entry to my CJ, Baychester. This is the second of three updates relating to Easton, and this focuses on its town-like feel. this will continue in the next update when I show the town center.

We start off with a general picture of what seems to be the original city planner's idea of a subdivision, complete with multiple cul de sacs and obligatory mismatched road textures.

Thetownofeaston.jpg

This planning is a rarity in Easton because of its proximity to the city of Baychester since the original city planners decided that a continuation of the city's block pattern would be convenient and space-efficient, thereby maximizing population density, and indirectly, income from taxes.

However, the single family home completely dominates the town, thereby giving it a nice, leafy suburb feel. Here we have Emerson Elementary School and its little ballpark right in the middle of the development.

Thetownofeaston-emersonelementary.jpg

In the picture, the group of houses in the top left corner (the two pairs of double houses facing each other) were the first homes built by the elite after Easton was founded in 1803.

The age of the homes in Easton does not mean the town is without the creature comforts of a modern suburban community, however. Here we have a Wegmans and a Costco for the modern American families.

ThetownofEaston-BigBoxGalore.jpg

Another shot of this area shows the fire station, general religious congregation center (Baychester is very diverse, so the government decided to build these buildings to house every religion, much to the chagrin of the descendants of the original Puritains who settled here and of the Tea Partyers), and part of the Wegmans just as fall begins to set in.

ThetownofEaston-FallandFire.jpg

This small-town is still a commuter town, and so thousands of drivers pile onto the roads every morning and evening on their commutes to and from the city. Congestion became so much of a problem in the seventies that the government refurbished the abandoned rails heading out of Baychester to accomodate passenger rail traffic. Luckily for Easton, not one but two stations were built to service the town; here's one.

ThetownofEaston-Commuting-Copy.jpg

Just for reference, the interchange behind the rail station is the Easton Scenic Highway exit on I-97, and the forest is right behind that, showing how close this fine town is to nature.

That's all for tonight, The final Easton update will be coming tommorow night, and it should be bigger than this one. See Ya!

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'm really not sure, but if Zulu is correct, DO NOT OPEN the city. There was a thread on SC4Devotion about it, and ask about it here.

Share this comment

I see this, and I know this could be catastrophic, but I'm going to college on saturday, and the computer that has SC4 at my house is going to be discarded anyways, so I'm just going to pony up and try to get as many updates done as possible with or without prop-box so I can finally give back to the ST community.

Share this comment