Klang Valley

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Sub city of Sentul, Kuala Lumpur

snoiprocs16

Sentul is located in the North area of Kuala Lumpur, it is closer to the heart of the main KL city but much of it are residential area.

3.jpg

Those are apartments, Offices and mosque behind it.

1b.jpg

In hearts of KL, Highways are everywhere. :thumb:

1a.jpg

*** but this highways depends on tolls plaza to covers the costs. :boggle:

3014991116_d0e0426851.jpg

4.jpg

The essence of European architecture is still available in this ex-European colonial country. Malaysia was colonized by Portuguese, Netherlands and British empire and finally Japanese took over in WW2, all of these took over 400 years of colonization period. as ex-British colonial rule, Malaysia is known as the Commonwealth Country by the British. SO, IT DOES NOT LOOK SO STRANGE IF KUALA LUMPUR HAS SOME OLD ENGLISH ARCHITECTURES in it's buildings. Featured pictures are Royal Selangor Club in front of Dataran Merdeka, a historical buildings ages around 125 years old. :read:

terowong%2Bkarak.JPG

7a.jpg

Much of Malaysian terrain are not flat, hills and mountains made these highways required tunnels.

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Since when Malaysia had American styled buildings?

On another note, you should really take the time to build your cities, from the looks of it, it really doesn't look anything remotely close to Malaysia. Look at any towns, cities, etc. in Malaysia to get an idea of what you need to create.

Best of luck

Share this comment

I agree with Evillions!Try to get a more asian style city...anyway good luck!
Where did you find those very nice rice fields?I'd like to get them to use in my cities :ohyes:

Share this comment

Yeah, some of the building does have the essence of New York which which is not logic. but I hope you are not mistaken that much of the architects are from the U.S plus, Malaysia is ex-British and Netherlands colonial countries and much of the building is really historical. We do have building aged 150 years old built by the British that still standing today.

And, this sub-city of Sentul in Kuala Lumpur is like in Bronx in New York. It is not a remote city, traffic jams is everywhere. I will made a journal in Malaysian Rural areas and that may looks as what you think, but Malaysia in the city side is really developed. Please check [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2557/entry-11832-introduction-to-klang-valley/#comment_42384"]Introduction to Klang Valley (here)[/url] to find out more.

anyway, thanx. I will try to improve them.

Share this comment

The classic buildings in this cities was built by British colonial rule, thats it. I will upload cities in Malaysian Rural area and it may looks as what you think.

Share this comment

[quote name='snoiprocs16' timestamp='1309274296']
Yeah, some of the building does have the essence of New York which which is not logic. but I hope you are not mistaken that much of the architects are from the U.S plus, Malaysia is ex-British and Netherlands colonial countries and much of the building is really historical. We do have building aged 150 years old built by the British that still standing today.And, this sub-city of Sentul in Kuala Lumpur is like in Bronx in New York. It is not a remote city, traffic jams is everywhere. I will made a journal in Malaysian Rural areas and that may looks as what you think, but Malaysia in the city side is really developed. Please check [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2557/entry-11832-introduction-to-klang-valley/#comment_42384"]Introduction to Klang Valley (here)[/url] to find out more.anyway, thanx. I will try to improve them.
[/quote]

Well, you're right about that. You do have potential, just add more Asian-styled buildings to get that look. For example, download the Maxis content blocker by Dusktrooper and start downloading whatever fits in a Malaysian city. To be honest, I really don't know much about Malaysian cities, but just add a little reference pictures if you're doing a recreation.

Share this comment

Check out some buildings made by Honk Hong asian bat team!!!I think they will look great in every asian styled city!!! :thumb:

Share this comment

Gugu : I'd watch it, yeah Hong Kong is a very dense city and a very busy, they also does not protect historical buildings, much of it will be bulldoze for new development. Unlike in KL, the government took care of the historical buildings and it does not really dense, in average, people took 45 minutes to come to work, meaning : the residential area are far away from the city area and much of it are terrace and bungalows. while in the city, you can see lots of apartments. And one more thing, Hong Kong is pure Chinese city while KL is a mixture of Malay, Chinese and Indian kinda mix altogether. You can say it is like Singapore but less denser and more Malay than Chinese.

Share this comment