New JAX Swing

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

Start day.

Sign in to follow this  
LuapYllier

I am a long time player of SimCity ever since the original version. I have never been very successful at this latest version though and have put it down in frustration several times. However this time I have found Simtropolis and have learned much about the strategies to making a great city. I figure if I am going to be here and I am going to be starting a big ambitious project I might as well share it with the community. I don’t plan to make up any fake history or tell any great stories but I will share my intentions, plans, frustrations and progress as I go along and maybe someone out there will find it entertaining or even learn some small tidbit along the way.

The title might show my age a little as it is a twist on a very old song but it is intended to imply that I will be recreating Jacksonville FL (JAX is the local abbreviation) not as it is, but as it could be.

The map:

I wanted to include as much of the RL city limits as possible which is a sizeable adventure and I found a map that would best fit my needs on the STEX.

NHP Jacksonville Florida By blade2k5 1

I also downloaded the SC4mapper program needed to make use of this map however I have as yet not installed it and figured out how to use it.

I will be using several addons and mods that I have discovered through the wonderful help of several members in the forum and will list them below.

Tools:

Hole Digging Lots V2

God Terraforming in Mayor Mode

Teirusu "Rain Tool" Additional God Mode Terrain Tools 2 1

Network:

Network Addon Mod (NAM Version 29) for PC

NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mod-North American Version (Windows) 1

Network Widening Mod (Windows) 1

RealHighway Mod for Windows 1

SAM - Street Addon Mod V3

JRJ Street side Mod

Street Side Mod for SAM

Street Side MOD for MAVE-4 1

High Speed Rail Project Windows

Roadtop Mass Transit V3 Installers 3

GLR Station

Jono01 Steel GLR Station 1

SCS GLR Station 2 1

Cercanias GLR Station

Suburban Bus Stop Set 1.01

Some extras:

PEG Garbage Chute 2.05

PEG Pond Kit Deluxe Edition

Free Grass Park Mod 1

CPTNo7AssortedTreeControllers

PEG PPond Terrain Props Pack 1 1

Radius Doubler Mod

Agricultural:

SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM)

Still looking at the additional SimPeg options.

So that is where I am at. I am still looking for a couple additional mods for custom park building and parking lots.

More to come, see ya soon.

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.