• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Felixruhe - Part 1: Freeway Special

Sign in to follow this  
MandelSoft

brsreplies.jpg

"Hi Maarten. This is actually quite nice to look at. Beautiful colors and an obviously well-planned layout. Keep up the great work. As a side note, I'd love to see more of your rail work as the images you've shown here are worth stopping and looking at."

--- JGellock

Well, the next few updates will show more of my railway engineering...

"Great update once again, Maarten. I see a lot of interesting stuff here: the variety of crops, the use of wide-angle curves, a lot of FARR pieces.. and incredible new textures that I hope to use myself one day.. And I must say: That sunken stretch of road on pic. 6.08 is wonderful! Great work!"

--- heitomat

With a few hole diggers, retain walls and overpasses, you'll get the job done ;)

"Hmmmm, you've used at least two new RHW pieces in the last picture.

This update is the best in this CJ (so far? ), the great use of RHW and other road network puzzle pieces and a good attention to detail are one of the things that makes this update so good.

It also makes me even more excited about the road barriers you have got in the making.

I'm just corious about which road texture you are using...

EDIT: It's the RHW textures I'm corious about."

--- ImVhOzzi

Those are the new "V5-Spec" RHW textures, the standard livery of the new RHW version.

"Those are very lovely towns. And the picture quality is superb!"

--- panthersimcity4

Thank you!

"i love to see this. makes me want to jump in car and take a ride

the electric poles running through the country is very realistic."

--- hijodecordoba

Indeed, these power lines add a nice detail to these rural scenes.

"Very nice pics!"

--- Andrey km

Thank you!

"When making FAR curves with the RHW, I usually think "if only there were RHW-6C and RHW-6S FAR curves...". And they are finally here!! One more hurray for you, NAM Team guys (and you've earned a dozen lately).

As for the update itself, I'm not a huge fan of rural stuff and I never play rural, but this is why I like very much to see how people use the rural stuff like you've done in this update. The only think I haven't liked is the State Fair lot; tinking of rodeos in the middle of that landscape you show us today has shocked me..."

--- TekindusT

The rodeo is bad advertising :P The rest of the lot is OK to me. One tip of mine: never underestimate the value of some Maxis buidlings.

"Yay, 2+1 roads!

Tested in Ireland for, like, half a kilometer before the idea was scrapped here.

Sigh - they look so good.

As for the puzzle piece guessing game, because I don't have a clue I guess five!"

--- figgy

I also like the RHW-3 very much, although they are quite rare here in the Netherlands

"Everything is just wonderful. I like the powerlines and your nighttime street lighting photoshop job.

Only thing is I am not so sure banana plantations exist in Germany. That is the one problem with the rural stuff-its too fantasy and the various sets of farms have crops that you just wouldn't see grown everywhere."

--- hamsterTK

But this isn't Germany! This is the Bondsrepublic of Schellingen, a fictional country 8)

--- TEASER ALERT! UPDATE CONTAINS QUITE A LOT OF UNRELEASED CONTENT ---

Well, it took longer than expected, due to my work for the NAM Team, but I finally managed to get another update ready. Due to the sheer load of pictures, this update will split in two, where the second will follow soon. Here's part 1:

brs-thumb-u07.jpg

This special is all about the freeways around Felixruhe, one of the eastern suburbs of Schellingen-Stadt. The suburb has three freeways running through and around it: the A4/A14 (the number changes at a freeway interchange), the A10 (Autobahnring Schellingen) and the A112. Most of the pictures are speaking for themselves.

So let's start with the A14. Here it enters Felixruhe. In the direction of Schellingen-Mitte, the freeway ends and goes on as the B14.

brs-7.01.jpg

Exit 86. Although the A14 is short, it has a high exit number. This is because the exit numbering of the A4 continues here. At the Felixruher Kreuz (we'll see that interchange later this update), the A4 bends of to the A10 and continues on it's own at the other side of the city ring near Wahrmund.

brs-7.02.jpg

brs-7.03.jpg

We now move on to the A10, the Autobahnring Schellingen. This freeway loops around the city and one lap is about 35 km long. Here's one tight exit at this freeway.

brs-7.04.jpg

We are now approaching the Felixruher Kreuz:

brs-7.05.jpg

A close-up:

brs-7.06.jpg

And here the interchange. For us roadgeeks: This is a clover-windmill interchange.

brs-7.07.jpg

brs-7.08.jpg

The A4 continues to the East here, in direction of the city of Compagniestaete in the neighbouring country Nova Hollandia.

brs-7.09.jpg

Back to the A10 again...

brs-7.10.jpg

... on to the Franzoeser Kreuz ...

brs-7.11.jpg

... which is a cloverleaf interchange.

brs-7.12.jpg

A close up from where the freeway A112 ends and continues as the B12.

brs-7.13.jpg

An exit at the B12.

brs-7.14.jpg

We are re-entering the city again, this time through the modern city district of Franzoesquartier.

brs-7.15.jpg

brs-7.16.jpg

brs-7.17.jpg

brs-7.18.jpg

And to conclude this update: a teaser pic of the next update:

brs-7.19.jpg

A final question: there are five new RHW features shown in this update, of which the new cosmetic pieces are one feature. Can you guess the other four?

Best,

Maarten

Sign in to follow this  

16 Comments

Recommended Comments

Has it been released now? Nope. *Five seconds later* And now? Nope. *Ten seconds later* And now? Nope.

Maarten, this is what you do best, every update is a planning showdown; and you even make every interchange different for the sake of originality! As for the new stuff... Simply fantastic!

1. The cosmetic pieces you said.
2. The ERHW-6 pieces.
3. The ERHW-6 to ERHW-2 transition with incorportation/exit (don't know the technical name you NAM Team give to it).
4. Light posts for RHW-6S and Diagonal RHW-6 (?).
5. The RHW-4 to MIS transition piece shown in the 7.14 pic (?).

Share this comment

@ avrelivs
I would say because Maarten hasn't made the textures for the new pieces yet :P
@ Maarten.
Once again a stunning update, looking forward to more :D

Share this comment

This is an amazing update! Seeing as it's a very German-Dutch inspired CJ, it gives me a lot of influence and the highways are just superb!
I notice RHW-8 Bridges! I've seen them in Blue Lightning's CJ, but seeing them here must mean they're closer to release! :thumb:

Share this comment

Awesome CJ, also with your draft of traffic signs in Schellingen. :thumb:

Because I'm a railway fanatic, I am interested in a little draft of how level crossings in Schellingen are looking like. It would be great if you can show it in one of the next episodes of your CJ.

Keep up your great work! :golly:

Share this comment