• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00176

Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

33 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite alien world visited so far?

• The Moon
    • Mars
    • Venus
    • Titan
    • Triton
    • Pluto

Replies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

avrelivs, Weicher - correct, Pluto was dismissed as a planet. it is now known as a "dwarf planet," and yes my Pluto entry said such from the very beginning...i don't spend all this time looking up distances, surface temps, etc. just to miss what type of celestial object it is!! 2.gif

terring, Evillions - guess what?! i've already completed an alien civilization..i'm creating these worlds a little out of order based on their presentation order because there is a background storyline that is going to be followed...but i can say that in the next few entries everyone will begin to see their first glimpses of alien civilizations..and i hope they will be worth the wait! 44.gif

ccecill, Benedict, Reikhardt, escilnavia, sepen, Alejandro - THANKS!! 16.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00176

LOCATION: MILKY WAY - SUN - PLUTONIAN SYSTEM, 5414 MI. OUTSIDE CHARON ORBIT

EARTH DATE: MAY 29, 2077

MISSION DATE: DAY 1680

interior5.jpgbeb48442-388d-4bed-a66e-8a74464cc740Larger.jpg

Today, I write to inform whatever future generation of people, on Earth or elsewhere, will come to remember as the greatest discovery in human history. Not much has been made or said of Pluto since it was demoted from a planet to a dwarf planet seventy years ago. NASA's New Horizons mission, launched in 2006, was scheduled to reach Pluto in 2015 but collided with an unknown debris field outside the orbit of Uranus on March 19, 2011 and was never heard from again since. We reached the Plutonian system five days ago, amidst excitement from everyone aboard the ship. We went HEX the next day. No one will ever forget the words of pilot Cdr. Jase Kizka broadcast in the command center two hours into his flight - "Sir, you're never going to believe this."

I expected I would believe it. When you travel in space for over 1500 days and go farther than any man has before, you tend to think that you have reached the climax of mystery, and discovery. We expected Cdr. Kizka to transmit back images of surface channels that would appear to have been carved by water. Instead, a high-resolution image of a giant pyramid slowly decoded on the screen. It looked just like the Great Pyramid of Giza on Earth, only a murky black, grey and yellow one.

Great Pyramid of Giza

07le-caire.jpg

Then came the results of the HEX's on board PSDS (Planetary Surface Dimensioning System). Our archaeological science team confirmed what by this time we already suspected - that the dimensions of the Plutonian pyramid and the Great Pyramid of Giza were the same. Even the pyramid's capstone was missing as it is on Earth. Then one of the arch. science team members suddenly shouted in a tone of amazement and fear, "The Orion Correlation Theory...my God..."

I had heard before of something called the Orion Correlation Theory. It is, or was, a suppressed theory that the Pyramids of Giza (Khufu [Great Pyramid], Khafre, and Menkaure) geographically mirror the astronomical alignment of three stars in the Orion constellation known as Orion's Belt (Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka). According to this theory, the Great Pyramid of Giza is then representative of Alnitak.

Pyramids of Giza and Orion's Belt

Orion_-_pyramids.jpg

After some time it was calculated by our arch. science team that the Plutonian pyramid is at the same coordinates on the surface as Alnitak is in the Plutonian sky. We have now received a transmission back from Houston, and our orders are to avert from Alpha Centauri in favor of Orion's Belt. Regardless of our new destination, we will be traveling for the first time through a wormhole oustide of NASA simulations. Alnitak is 800 light years away, and the wormhole (we hope) will cut the distance down to what we currently estimate to be roughly half a light year. If this is in fact true, it will take us approximately 179 earth days to reach the Alnitak system as we will be able to travel at the speed of light inside the wormhole. We will return to our original plan of visiting the Alpha Centauri system someday. But who knows when? Who knows where this new course will take us. What will we find? What will we learn? Where will it lead? Once we enter the wormhole we will be permanently cut off from communications with Earth. We will remain cut off once we exit the wormhole as Orion's Belt is too distant. My crew and I would be dead centuries before a transmission we sent ever reached home, if our brothers and sisters even remember we existed. Mankind's mark on space is soon to be left solely in our hands and in my better judgment. May God guide me.

We will use the next 179 days to further develop a communication plan with any possible alien intelligence, and to prepare a defense plan should we encounter any hostile threats. Alnitak is 10,000 times brighter than our Sun, so we will use the time to also determine the effects this could have on our eyesight and our skin, and also any susceptible technologies on board the ship. But, for all we know, Alnitak may no longer exist. When I turn away from my desk and look out the window behind me, I see it. But I am looking 800 years into the past.

Orion's Belt (from left to right: Alnitak, Alnilam, Mintaka)

orionbeltfullview.jpg

We now have every reason to believe that the Orion Correlation Theory is true, and that perhaps the designers of the pyramids on Earth, and Pluto, came from Orion's Belt. If we encounter any intelligent species, we will show them a picture of the Great Pyramid of Giza, in hopes that it will be recognized and will communicate a peaceful intent. While some would be nervous about what we are soon to witness, knowing that there is a risk that you, your ship and her crew might not make it out alive; I am calm. To be so far away from Earth and cut off from everything you have ever known, I remain confident. And if I should die at the hands of some alien intelligence, then I'll die knowing I truly lived.

- Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oo. A story. :) I love where this is going very much. I can't wait for what there is to be discovered.

,marsh

Share this comment

Whoa. This is by far the most outstanding entry I have seen in this series. An alien civilization?

I love a good plot line. Keep up the good work!

Kazma

Share this comment

well i did some research, and there are only 8 planets but the are also 8 known TNOs (trans-Neptunian objects) that have not 'cleared the neighborhood' which means that there are (at least) 8 dwarf planets floating in the Kiper belt.

Share this comment

Ah, there's the mystery! I'm pretty happy that I waited so long to get into this as now I can read the next part right away!

Share this comment