Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Poor Demand! SOS!

Sign in to follow this  
simson13

I have been playing my game for about five years and my largest city was only 46,000 people in it. Today my largest city has 185,000 people in it, but I have recently hit a dead end. My city is in decline and it has poor commercial demand, but very high residential demand. So every time I have a new skyscraper pop up from the ground, the people abandon ship and the building becomes worthless and black. I have downloaded two buildings to give my city around 13,000 more jobs, but my high wealth CO$$$ demand goes LOWER! In my city there's a subway system in downtown, there's a bus stop system across the entire area, there's an elevated rail system across the area, there's a monorail system in downtown, there's a ferry system, highways, about 20 bridges, and all of these plazas and landmarks and unlockable that are supposed to help demand. I have lowered taxes in the city and neighboring cities so that I can have better demand, but they all aren't working. So I have come to downloading buildings, but demand just goes lower. Can you guys give me advice? SOS!

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

First of all, try reading [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/_/simcity-4/reference/demand-desirability-and-abandonment-r31"]this...[/url]
I have played SimCity since about 20 years now (back in the good ole days when thar be no numbers behind the beasts title :D), and i was getting the hang of it, even generating some profit, until SC4.
Anyways, that guide should give you some tips and pointers. Can't give you any more useful tips myself though, since that is a fairly complete guide, and i have long ago forsaken the whole idea of building an honest city (ya know, without haxing in a lot of money and artificially boosting demand) and gone for a more planological way of building, with wich i still have to take in account desirability etc. a lot more than one might think (wich is a good thing).

Anyways I am working up to start my own CJ in wich a lot will be explained of this wich has nothing to do with your question, so just read the guide, and good luck and lots of fun building your cities...

Share this comment

[quote name='SC4Dictator' timestamp='1305323031']
First of all, try reading [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/_/simcity-4/reference/demand-desirability-and-abandonment-r31"]this...[/url]
I have played SimCity since about 20 years now (back in the good ole days when thar be no numbers behind the beasts title [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/%3C#EMO_DIR#>/9.gif[/img]), and i was getting the hang of it, even generating some profit, until SC4.
Anyways, that guide should give you some tips and pointers. Can't give you any more useful tips myself though, since that is a fairly complete guide, and i have long ago forsaken the whole idea of building an honest city (ya know, without haxing in a lot of money and artificially boosting demand) and gone for a more planological way of building, with wich i still have to take in account desirability etc. a lot more than one might think (wich is a good thing).

Anyways I am working up to start my own CJ in wich a lot will be explained of this wich has nothing to do with your question, so just read the guide, and good luck and lots of fun building your cities...
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

Share this comment

Hey, try on a flat map build a industry city that is connected with your big city. I do. I have in that city around 320.000 industryjobs and my big city with 1.3 million people has no pullition form industrys. Can also used with jobs.

And when you start a map. Build first a city that get big flats or skyscapers. That make a good economy! After 10.000 people you will get midium size buildings! 25.000 are big flats. Succes! :thumb:

Share this comment