Victoria County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Victoria - Scenes from the capital

Sign in to follow this  
heitomat

Header_Smaller_02.jpg

This update is dedicated to showing some scenes from Victoria. It is nothing special, other than some close-ups of some areas of the capital considered "done".

Like all major cities, one of Victoria's biggest challenges is infrastructure. Victoria has a rather good Overground and Underground network, as well as national rail services. Still, car traffic is very much a problem. This picture is from south Victoria and shows four-track rail and a rare stretch of Overground-over-Road.

Victoria_12.jpg

Aaden, the southeastern borough of Victoria, is an industrial hub and a center for distributing goods. In addition to Aaden Seaport there is also a large rail terminal for loading the many containers onto trains - or vice versa. The highway is the A-1 which runs all the way through Victoria.

Victoria_13.jpg

More Overground. This is the Volksplatz - People's Square - between the Central Station and the Modern Arts Museum. The tram station is one of the busiest in Victoria, as it serves as an interchange between several Overground and Underground lines. The area around the station has also become the new financial district, and the skyscrapers dominate the skyline.

Victoria_14.jpg

Victoria is the seat of the Parliament. The parliament building itself was finished in 2000, and allowed all the government's offices to be in the same building. From the tower offices, not accesible for the public, there is a splendid view in all directions.

Victoria_15.jpg

I am really satisfied with how things are turning out, but as mentioned before: I am quite a perfectionist, so even a couple of blocks can take quite some time to build.. Thank you all for hanging in there!

- Eivind

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_aodkOsqqvK4/TOccrqoRRYI/AAAAAAAAAwg/WIZ2Ks2sStE/s800/Replies.jpg[/img]

[b]Benedict[/b]: Thank you, my friend. The three trams in one picture was no problem, as the trams come and go all the time. But I agree it looks nice.

[b]Reikhardt[/b]: Thanks a lot. :) I might have to modify that statement a little.. Anyway, you get the idea. :lol:

[b]Paulobergonci[/b]: Thank you very much for your comment!

[b]TekindusT[/b]: Thank you. Planning is a real headache sometimes, but hopefully it is all worth it in the end. :zzz:

[b]Frdm920[/b]: Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Share this comment