Heimen

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Soetedal | Valley village

Sign in to follow this  
vivapanda

74118108.jpg

And as an addition to the replies: the custom content you do see is homemade.

1logoq.jpg

This time we take a look at the village Soetedal, wich means, litteraly translated "Sweetvalley"

It is a small village lying in the valley with on bode sides walls of hills.

I wanted to publish this entry yesterday, but when I was finished with it Internet Explorer crashed :cry:

Well, this time I prepared a HUGE uptade, so I hope enjoy it!

65508935.jpg

An overview of the town an dits mainroads, in de centre you can see Soetedal, in the Southeast the edges of the capital suburbs Bijsterveld-Noord (Norhern-Bijsterveld) B'veld is a short form for Bijsterveld.

2kaart.jpg

First, let's take a look at the suburb (you can clearly see the area of the first picture in the southeast of the overview)

14923363.jpg

The entrance road of an neighbourhood, the same as the picture before, but from a different angle.

81294831.jpg

Where the suburb ends in the vineyards.

99176051.jpg

I thought this suburb needed something Dutch: bikingpaths, they're not only for recreation, but mostly used for kids to bike to school and people biking to their work.

Here a bikingpath as it crosses the mainavenue.

52085169.jpg

The biking paths are layed-out trough the suburbs this way everbody has good access to it (those palm trees in the middle are a kind of unfortunately placed...)

17803927.jpg

The exit from the mainroads to the suburban mainavenue.

32283266.jpg

The way I ussualy build my suburbs: The streets end at the mainavenue the mainavenue brings the people to the regional network.

I do this because I think its pretty realistic, it is the same as in my hometown.

14807313.jpg

Randomk shot in rural setting.

59058986.jpg

Most main roads lay on the bottom of the valleys.

87826399.jpg

I was working on some signage, so here's the villages' entrance sign

The blue sign mentions (from up to down) The villages name, municipality name and the provincial name. The yellow sign says " welcome in Soetedal"

soeteveld.jpg

A small bussinessparc at the beginning of the village.

14572788.jpg

Most commerce developed along the mainroad, wich runs trough the whole city.

50683090.jpg

In "Downtown" Soetedal the mainroads divides itself, between the two streets is a small parc and the two old watertowers.

48472862.jpg

Rowhouses in the old quarter along an uphill road.

33546421b.jpg

Because of the steep hills retaining walls were necessary here to prefend erosion.

28725399.jpg

Small shops at the end of the village.

64958914.jpg

Houses in a side valley.

11409076.jpg

A look in the valley from behind the hills.

71138951.jpg

I hope you liked it, please leave a comment with constructive criticism, tips or ideas!

Vp ;)

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

I think you have a very nice town here! The only thing I would add would be trees (like a windbreak?) in the farms. Although if the hills provide that service you can disregard my suggestion! :D

Share this comment