All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sim City: Wishlists

If you want simple and accessible, cross your fingers that EA releases another city builder that isn't botched into the ground. If you want a meaty, complex game, that's what I aim to deliver. I'm not afraid to have something that takes you a bit to learn and figure out. I also don't have any publishers or budgets to answer to. I want this to be the hardcore city simulator. The players out for something casual have plenty of places to look already.
  3. Sunken Wall

This is the most I have achieved, but it is not centered and I can not move it.
  4. Sunken Wall

This is a test, Haw can I sink it into floor? Regards
  5. Hello. I trying to build sunken Walls. I have drawn a model in Sketchup and it looks well in the asset editor, but i can't sink it into floor. I have try many solutiions, the NO BASE script, sunken templates, I have even made a script to change mesh bounds value. Nothing at all. I have read a lot of post in differents fórums. Nothing at all. I'm missing something and I don't know what it is. Helpplease (excuse my english).
  6. Today
  7. Look at a reference from real life and see what the terrain colors are like, then figure out how each part of that can be achieved using the map theme you chose. Then you can paint it ingame or as an image and use the script + psd template I made recently to import a natural resource texture for fertile/sand/oil/ore/forest.
  8. By the way it looks in blender, if the pivot is in the center of that grid, makes sense for a 2x3, you can change it in the editor so I don't see why it's a problem. As for why it looks like a 2x4, that's the backyard for props or something, many growables have it and you also have an option to switch to a front yard, I guess it appears based on how much free space you have in your zoning.
  9. Guess Who's Next V2

sorry maybe next?
  10. Show us what you're working on!

Right now work is focused on the right side of the below screen. Adding a second train station along with a ton of industry
  11. Guess Who's Next V2

Nah! Raynev?
  12. Serenity Valley - Boreal

Is this where the browncoats lost the war?
  13. Good or Bad??

Good Obadiah.
  14. I'm so old that ...

I so old that my families first computer was a Commodore 64K.
  15. Why should the person above you be banned? V2

Banned for being moody.
  16. How is the person above you going to die?

You died because all the devotees drank the kool-aid.
  17. The Word Chain

18. The Next Person...

Hazel actually. TNP would rather be too hot in July than too cold in January.
  19. Corrupt a Wish Game (v4)

Granted, but people keep slamming the doors in your face. I wish humanity could terraform Venus.
  20. 3 word story

cowboy of past...
  21. Prepping my First Region

You've zoned a lot of commercial. Maybe it's just me (and my mods, such as CAM), but my commercial demand and development always craters if I zone any commercial at the start. What does work for me is if I wait until some traffic develops and then zone some commercial lots along busy avenues (actually TLA-5's from the network widening mod). Comm lots with high customers are happy comm lots, and their jobs draw even more traffic. Comm demand can snowball from there. In towns where my comm demand cratered, I've had to bulldoze all comm lots that had low customers. Even then, it takes time and a few CS$ lots with high customers for any comm demand other than CS$ to maybe turn positive (and my results are still mixed, so I am still learning comm dynamics myself). The lesson I've taken from my comm struggles is that I must always keep customers high (maybe I need a mod for a marijuana dispensary).
  22. Guess Who's Next V2

How'd you guess? Abrams in the first, second and fourth order.
  23. Change a Letter Game v2

24. BAT - Getting Started Guide / FAQ / Resources / Help

thank you so much! ♥
  25. Nearly empty lots

What I changed were the zoning assignments (between dense and medium industrial) and/or pollution levels for about 60 industrial lots. Do either of those require the re-index step? I did not add or remove anything on the lots (I did not use the lot editor). Is there a tutorial somewhere that I should read about this pitfall before going back into iLives? I'll try searching for more info on the re-index function so I can grasp what it is doing (and what triggers the need for it). After cleaning up my custom plugins, do you think the lots will magically work, or should I expect to go on a deletion hunt? (should I note the locations of all broken lots I am finding?)
  26. SC4 Future Planning

I future plan my districts in excel. I'll first divide everything out into phases. my current region is split in half by a large bay and the phases work out like this: phase 1-2 post wwii housing phase 3-4 modern housing phase 5-6 pre-wii housing phase 7-8 industry & seaport phase 9 medium density phase 10 downtown phase 11 stadium district phase 12 seawalls I first layed out the grid network for phase 1 to 4. One grid contains green avenues, the other red TLA-3's. From there I screenshot the area for phases 1-6, paste in excel, transpose the grid into excel and assign the tileset. Background color denotes the tile, black the roads, gold the highway so it looks like this: For the later phases (7 to 10) I know where the rest goes (... visual memory ). I use excel to plan out the diagonal lots, Now I do play with many cheats and parks with jobs and cap relief so I can build res first. Lot plopped the industry phase, and so far for phase 7 to 8 I've created around 130 lots. Phase 1 to 6 took 6 months. Phase 7 to 8 I'm entering month 6 but almost done. Phase 9 to 11 will take atmost 2 months. Its phase 12 that terrifys me, but I am starting to prototype the sea wall.
  1. Load more activity

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections