Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

User-name

i having trouble...

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Im really sorry for this stupid question but its making me really frustrated. I bought the game and i got to the install screen but i can't find the 20-digit code in the Install guide. And if this in the wrong forum please move it but this seemed like the best place for it.

and thanks for the help.

You should find the serial number either on the back cover of the user manual that comes with the game, or sometimes on the back of the DVD case.

• Original Poster
  • the package came with a box with the regular booklet with all of the information about SC 4 and it came with an install guide. it says the code is in the install guide but i cant find it.

I recently bought the SimCity4 Deluxe with RH. My number is clearly printed on the top-back of the manual. If your number is not there you might have to contact EA Games. Good luck. Last year I bought a 4 pack of games from EA, but one of the games didn't come with a key. The wanted proof that I had the original so I sent photos via email that demonstrated that I never got the key but bought the game. They refused to send me a key.

Don't look inside for a sticker like the instructions say.
    I just bought mine and had trouble finding it also.

Try looking at the outside back cover of the main manual - the thick one of 92 pages with the colorful picture on the front. It should be printed right above the keyboard shortcut list. It is a long string consisting of 5 groups of 4 numbers/letters, like this:

XXX6-XX3X-XXXX-XX8X-4XXX

• Original Poster
  • well i think its official. mine didnt come with a key. so im gonna buy a new one since i cant find the recipt. and thanks for the help everyone.

• Original Poster
  • the disks didnt come in a regular cd case. they came stacked in a box. with the booklets to the left and the disks to the right.

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

Make sure you new one has a serial before you leave the vendor.quote>

That probably won't be possible. You would have to open the software before you can check, and once the software is opened it usually can not be returned.

I doubt they would let you open it before you paid for it.
    Couldn't hurt to ask, though.