Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tackaberry

Saved city won't load

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I started a new city in my region. Everything goes well until I save. It says saved. but when I later try and load it up, it goes through the motions but then crashes to desktop. I have added some new bats recently. Old cities are loading fine. Oh and I used the save option instead of quit and save or exit to region and save. Any ideas?

Probably one of your new mods/bats is messing it up. Try playing it without your plugins, and if it works, then figure out which plugin was messing it up

Or its a corrupt cityfile (which happens once in a while)

• Original Poster
  • so wierd, I took out a lot of the new bats I DLed, and now it seems that it will sometimes load and sometimes not. I might be going crazy, but it seems if I move the cursor to the edge of the screen I have more luck2.gif

The same thing happened to me. I eventually decided to uninstall the game and reinstall, (choosing the option to save my cities). Alos I backed up the Plugin folder and put it back in the game and it worked...If you still can't get it to work...try what I did.

• Original Poster
  • I think Im going to have to. It seems if I start or work on another city and save it, then go back to the one that's crashing, I can get it too load sometimes. Thanks, I ll try reinstalling and just copying my plugins back over. I really don't want to shift the exchange trying to find them all.