Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uchiha Sasuke

How can i get more hi-tech industry buildings???

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

First be patient it takes awhile for high-tech to come.

Second, establish a good education basis. Namely Schools. For High-tech to come they also need to have a post-secondary education such as high school and college.

THird and most important be patient it just take awhile for sims to educate themselves and find job and then pass there legacy on to there offspring.

NOTE: that High-tech is picky, they wont like pollution and if there is alot either they wont build or they will abandone soon after.

-trigger

A good trick I usually do is build only elementary schools but build the deluxe Hospital right away. This covers your education for several years since you will have to wait till they finish elementary/middle/high school before they start college. It also forces High paying doctors to move in and work at your hospital. This just gets the ball rolling alot faster.

-------------------------

trigsidx18it.gif

If you have a lot of dirty industry and want to convert it to I-HT, I have a trick that works very well. After letting your EQ level rise and I-HT demand goes up, get one of those air pollution control plants at the STEX. Plop a couple in your I-D zones until the pollution is barely present or none. After a while, all the I-D will convert to I-HT, saving you money on bulldozing costs and making it a smooth transition. Let me stress that this technique is absolutely useless early on, because it assumes you have I-HT demand, and the only reason it's not growing is because of the pollution (i.e. low desirability).