Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simheel

Region view graphics glitch

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I recently acquired a Synchmaster 204B monitor with a native resolution of 1600X1200. 

I was greatly looking forward to playing SC4 at this resolution, especially since I also have a fairly new computer. Much to my dismay, however, whenever I exit a city into region view the city shows a nasty-looking gray edge on one side. Really ruins the look of the region.

This does not happen when I play at lower resolutions.
    I tested to see if it was because of non-reconciled borders but it was not.

I am playing on a P4 3.6 Ghz machine (also recently acquired) with 1.5 GB of RAM and a 256 MB Geforce 6800.

I am playing Deluxe Edition. This is a copy I bought last year after my original Rush Hour, for some reason, failed to load the game.

Is this a known bug? Sorry if this question has been asked before. It's been a while since I played SC4 or visited the forums. 

I have that problem too, so this is of interest to me too. I run at 1600x1200 in windowed mode on a Samtron 95P+ driven by a 256Mb GeForce 6200 on an AMD64 3200+ with 1Gb RAM. I typically get this problem when I have water in my city that adjoins another city, though it will also sometimes occur with completely landlocked cities.

This problem IS a known issue with the game, you will experience graphic and performance issues running the game @ 1600x1200 resolution, maxis and EA recommend running the game @ 1024x768 to resolve this issue.

hope this helps....

i seem to have this problem too. It's at least nice to know that others have seen it and it is a known problem. It is not nice to know that there is no solution. (and sorry, I don't see "set your resolution lower" to be a 'valid' solution - but that's a jab at Maxis/EA, not you). :-)

Originally posted by: ckotchey i seem to have this problem too. It's at least nice to know that others have seen it and it is a known problem. It is not nice to know that there is no solution. (and sorry, I don't see "set your resolution lower" to be a 'valid' solution - but that's a jab at Maxis/EA, not you). :-)quote>

Notwithstanding the higher resolutions and larger screens available these days, you should take into account that when this game came out, even a 19" screen monitor cost over $1,000 Cdn.  I got mine for half-price because its box was damaged, but it cost me $600 then.  My new 19" ACER CD monitor cost me only about $250 Cdn.  I got about six years out of the old CRT.

There was no way the game developers could have predicted that people would be running the game, designed for home use, on monitors of, then, professional quality and dimension.