Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KT3

STEX rating system

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • We have yet another new feature !!!! Way to go Dirk - I like it 9.gif

After having a quick look at a few of the "star uploaders" its quick and easy to see who has contributed what, and who's files are most popular - I dare not look at Simgoobers rating, its probably up in the very high thousands though lol - I have already seen one or two in the high thousands - way to go guys, you DESERVE those ratings, for the enormous effort and dedication you have shown in this community !!!

I've just had a quick look and the STEX Rating seems to be close to..

Total Downloads x Overall STEX Rating / 100

The figures I've checked are a little lower, but it may be that the number is calculated every night, so late in the day the numbers are out of synch.

Originally posted by: deadwoods

I've just had a quick look and the STEX Rating seems to be close to.. Total Downloads x Overall STEX Rating / 100 The figures I've checked are a little lower, but it may be that the number is calculated every night, so late in the day the numbers are out of synch.quote>

No, not quite, it's a little bit more elaborate than that.

But from my perusal of a couple hundred contributor's ratings, the STEX Score does seem to work out fairly accurately, based on contribution, popularity, quaility and the amount of comments and traffic each file generates...  There is also a slightly more subjective 'spin' contributing to the aggregate data, that is based on the thumbs up/thumbs down (which the stex assumes to be positive vs negative comments).   So if you uploaded 1000 crappy items that have mysteriously generated thousands of downloads, your Score will be properly reflected by the overall quality of your files, and the community 'spin' factor... and you still won't outdo someone who might have uploaded a few dozen high quality files.  (All in all, quantity does not equal quality.)

I hope you guys like it, it's a quick and quantitative way to show off those who have contributed to the STEX.

It's another one of those little things to goes to take SimTrop from not simply being great, but rather SUPER DOOPER MEGA ... erm ... am I going too far? 43.gif

I like the idea and the way it's worked out as this gives it both a quantative and subjective meaning ... now we just have to see how high it can go 9.gif (or how low 3.gif )

I like being able to see other peoples stats past the top 5, like the old stex. I spent a little while clicking on my favorite BATers. Some people have alot more downloads than I thought too.