Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Micah

STEX is online!

36 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • A very simple question, what do you think of the new STEX? Notice anything different? Is it the same? You decided!

I totally think the "Best of the Week" feature is awesome looking!

Edit: Hey, everyone! Check out the calendar. Dirk is also announcing the opening of the homepage in a matter of days! 29.gif

There are some things similar (The little corner things around pictures) but a whole lot is diffrent. I love all the new features, I definately a HUGE improvement over the old STEX. I can't wait till they get everything fully functional.

The ONLY thing (so far =P) That I don't like is the big brown toolbar. Yes, I know, this leads back into the whole skin argument, but I just think it looks out of place. It would blend in better either blue or tan IMO.

I also really like how the description/replies/comments are in tabs now, really makes the small preview window more readable and uncluttered. Good job Dirk!!

• Original Poster
  • Yeah, the STEX is down right now, but it was up from 3pm EST to about 7pm EST.

I'm sure it is just for maintance... for those people who actually went to the STEX saw that dirk was still working on it.

I don't know...I liked the old STEX better. The huge boxes on the left side of the page make it feel too cumbersome. But I've always been a huge fan of minimalist design, so it's more of a preference thing than an actual problem.

Well, it is mostly the same. The biggest two differences are the new graphical scheme and the fact that author's comments, other's comments, and add comments are now tabbed as opposed to being stacked on one page.

Also, the PNG graphics are protected now. So you can't just right click and save them. You can still copy and paste 'em out of your cache, though...

It looks better than ever, a great source of all the goodies we all love to download!  Thanks oh great Dirktator!

I like the tab idea with the Description/Comments/Reply tabs, a really tidy way to see out forum instead of having to scroll down a long page to see certain things 29.gif

First of all, i'm so glad to have the stex back.

Second, i think it's great, not very different, but great

Third, it's much much faster. That's why i love it.

Forth, thanks again to Dirk for all this work!

I'm disappointed. I thought the old way of traveling between file sections was a lot easier in general and easier to see what was new and not new.  Or am I missing a sort somehow?

Hate to be the Party pooper here. It looked good when it first came up, ALL of my files were there. Now only 1 is there. I can't find the files I uploaded!! Where are they? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Originally posted by: SuzyAngel

I would also like to know how to take my files off tracking, thanks.quote>

How do you get them on tracking in the first place?

Originally posted by: Mikeaut1

Hey! The new stex is soo good!! Its fast, its reliable, and its new! Cool!!quote>

Sorry mike, just needed this for the quote.

Reliable? Not quite at the moment. Seems a few people who have posted files(BAT/LOT/MOD) are missing their files. Hopefully this will be straightened out in a day or so, but for the people who have invested their time in those missing files, it can be a little bit tense and upsetting.

posted by 'deviant' in the Official Bug Report thread:

Found a bug with the STEX - I know some issues are still being worked out with the exchange, but I don't think I should be able to edit / lock / delete someone else's files on the STEX. I am not an admin of Simtropolis so technically those would be admin options. This might be something you want to look into, could cause a few problems!

Whoa, my first ever forum input. Been a lurker for the past one year or so. The new STEX is really much faster the older one that's for sure and especially more pleasing to the eye. Good colour scheme and arrangements although I do think the icons are a little confusing. Why is a LOT or is it a BAT's icon, a person or what's that green cloud thing? I don't really mind much all that, just download whatever I need but could be helpful if the icons were a little more self explainatory(sp?). The other good thing about it is it no longer opens 'inner windows' ie, a window inside another window that scrolls down like the old STEX does, especially when I want to check for all stuff created by 'User A' for example. Good fix. Good job.

I like the new STEX design (other than it looks like the default Windows XP color scheme). I'm noticing a problem. For reference, I'm using firefox 1.5. Whenever I click on a lot, it opens the resulting page twice. It does it every time. Kind of annoying. Would it be possible for the STEX to let me track creators, not just lots? Samantha