Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

De Ja Vu

Railways

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hi!

I have some problems with my railways,.....( I have a population of 105k), but no one is using my rails! Should I connect them into circuites?

Please help!

when dealing with rail , theres two different kind of useage...frieght rail and passanger rail

freight rail is easy...you have to transport frieght from industry to the edge of the map (seaports count as the edge of the map), you can use freight station so goods can go from the road to the rails...if it's the fastest way out of town the freight will use it, personelly i skip the middle man and run my rail line right therough the ind zones. If the ind touches the rail lines...it will use the rail lines automaticly..4.gif default ome looks like a stream engine

passanger rail...you need entry and exit points for the passangers to get on and off the lines, eg passanger station
    yes you like to loop the lines, so you have trips going to and from work...but once again...the passanger staion must be the quickest route to the job and back again and in the way of the sims route of travel default one anu gly blue streak....:S

ps...if your not seeing any trains but you have useage, zoom closer  in ...and check your city detail and resolution settings are high enough to see the trains comuting. low setting...no trains appear