Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkSK

SC4 Deluxe Patch Problem

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I have a Patch problem with SC4 Deluxe. When I want to install 1.1.638.0 (Sku2)update, I have an error saying something like this:

Old File not found. However, a file with same name does exist.
    No update done since contents do not match.

I have SC4 Deluxe with v. 1.1.613.0 and requirements are highly exceeded.

Thanks for any help.

Note: Please don't tell me that I'm a $%&^! because I tried to search this, but I'm experiencing some kind of error when searching.

Originally posted by: MarkSK

I have a Patch problem with SC4 Deluxe. When I want to install 1.1.638.0 (Sku2)update, I have an error saying something like this:

Old File not found. However, a file with same name does exist.

No update done since contents do not match.

I have SC4 Deluxe with v. 1.1.613.0 and requirements are highly exceeded.

Thanks for any help.

</P>quote>

If this doesn't apply please just disregard:

Where you bought the original game will determine what SKU # you use. They go by territory, you only need the one for the country where you bought the game.

• Original Poster
  • hunter - I searched forums, but nothing suitable found, I'm afraid :-(, if you know some link, please post it.

tungston - I'm not talking about territory patch, but a patch process problem. It is British version anyway with applied road switch.

I am sorry to say that it sounds like your original is corrupted somehow. I suggest a full deinstall, saving any regions you are using along with your plugins, and a reiinstall. It wouldn't hurt to do a defrag between the deinstall and the install.

Then, install the game out of the box and immediately install your sku2 patch (which you should have on another directory or on a CD).

I realize this is a pain the the lower back, but it seems to be what you'll need to do.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you! Now after reinstalling my game was patched successfully without errors and all files are updated as they should be.