Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aspyrix

Poorly Pre-Made Cities

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I've started building a city in the region berlin, and I am amazed at the state of disarray that my pre-set neighbours are in. I'm surprised that maxis didn't create some wicked sweet super cities for the player to use as an example of what they could achieve, or at least as a tribute to the places that their regions are named after.

I agree with you...It'd be amazing if they had built cities for us to see just like as Sim City 3000..I love Metropolis,a well planned city with more than 2,000,000 people =(

while i do agree about it being alot more fun starting from scratch...i was alittle dissapointed that there wasnt more...i did play all of the secinarios in 3000 and i also enjoyed destroyin the large cities...
    i think they rushed the game to the shelves and that might be why...

You guys have no sprit of adventure. The Berlin cities are a mess, probably as a deliberate problem for mayors to manage and turn around. When you take over a government you always have to clean up the other guy's messes.

i agree that there shouldve been more ready made cities. sc2000 had tons of them. of course, nearly all of them only came out in the special edition version, and where made by fans who entered a contest.

btw, has anyone ran into any of those people on the internet before?

I remember playing an older version of simcity; the pre made scenario was Flint. Job strikes started from the get go and you had to try keep sims employed. I also recall a nuclear disaster game and another one where traffic was a problem.

I remember the hardest one was the oakland fire scenario. in sc2000 the fire truck markers were each one tile, and if placed in a fire, the 4 adjacent tiles would be put out slowly. since you only got 4 fire trucks, it was really hard unless you were on the slowest mode, and then it would take forever. i remember a trick though when dealing with huge fires in simcity 2000 : Demolish all the buildings surronding the fire, then use the ground water tool to make streams and waterfalls around the fire. then it could go anywhere. of course, that city was bad even without the fire. Almost the entire map was low denisty residential and you had to do some major redevelopment to make it a viable city.

">http://img222.imageshack.us/im...nariosimcity7pa.pn[img

Originally posted by: toxicpiano

the ones that were based on real life like london werent at all accurate. fields in central london? no.quote>

There were fields in central London ... well about 600 years ago there were 3.gif lol

I agree that the sc4 cities are ... well not to put too fine a point on it ... abyssmal. However, I agree that this may have been done on purpose so you had to play the city rather than just sit back and watch it. However, I do think they could have given us at leat one super dooper city so we could have had some inkling of what to aspire to right from the word go.

Ive turned Kensington around in the London landscape, twice. Just recently, I was 7000 in the hole, and I cut a few corners to get out, but I did it, I am now 60K in the black, after having a high black mark of just over 100K after the first time. I have more then doubled the size of the city and still expanding north of the highway I connected from Kingsfield City through to Fulham.