Sign in to follow this  
Compromise

Are you running a different version of Rush Hour to the original SimCity?

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

Updated last on 4/19/06 by Compromiseft>

This is a very common problem so I thought I would post this.

If you are running one version of the original SimCity (i.e. German) and another for Rush Hour (i.e. American) then weird things happen. These include the game not starting, crashes, not been able to change in game panels and other things. 

Note: US and UK usually work okay together. Its the language difference that causes most of the problems.

The only real way to solve this problem is to buy the same version of Rush Hour and the original game. SimCity is very cheap these days and will never cost you much.

Also for certain updates make sure you get the correct one for the version of the game you are running.

Actually you are COMPLETELY wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE UK SC4 and USA RH and all you have to do is get the update of SC4.com, the one of your region, so no more wrong answers please, it works perfect for me.

Originally posted by: storms991 Actually you are COMPLETELY wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE UK SC4 and USA RH and all you have to do is get the update of SC4.com, the one of your region, so no more wrong answers please, it works perfect for me.quote>

Take it easy! And 20+ Exclamation marks is totally inapproriate.

Actually, the UK and US versions appear to be an anomaly.  The far east versions are completely incomaptible with the US or European versions.  Maybe its a matter of multiple languages taking up too much table space.

Anyway, cool it guys.  We aim to please, but you can't please everyone.

• Original Poster
  • I knew it was unlikely that all the info above wold be correct and complete when I first made it. Thats why I created this thread the way I did so it could be updated by the community. I expected the community to treat me as a human and not a computer and so the understand the fact I am not perfect and people giving such rude responses will damage me and others chance of trying to please in the future.

Anyway I am not going to argue over it so can everyone cool it as N_O_Body suggested and remember the golden rule next time when replying in this thread and on the rest of the website. Thank you.

How can you find out what version you are running?

My friend sold me his copy of Simcity 4 when he was done with it, and I liked it so much I just bought Rush Hour. Now its not working =(. Maybe they are different versions?

In the disk there is a file.  In my Rush Hour Disk it is called PATCH-SKU1-TO-EP1.RTP 

These are the patches to take SC4 SKU1 to EP1 which is the U.S./Canada version.

Should be something similar on your disk.

The definitions of the various version with their SKU's are here

Originally posted by: N_O_Body In the disk there is a file.  In my Rush Hour Disk it is called PATCH-SKU1-TO-EP1.RTP 

These are the patches to take SC4 SKU1 to EP1 which is the U.S./Canada version.

Should be something similar on your disk.

The definitions of the various version with their SKU's are herequote>

Yes, on my Rush Hour disk there is the same file. However, the copy of Rush Hour is the one I personally bought here in the US. So I already know where its from and everything. Sim City 4 (vanilla) is the one I need to know about. I checked the SC4 disc, but there is no patch file. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your concern,

-Rusty

On disk 1 of SC4 vanilla, there is a file structure that is: H:\Sku_Data\Sku1_US

The Sku_Data directory should contain the data you need.  (My CD is drive H: )

I bought a US version of SC4 and a European version of Rush Hour.  I have all the bugs that you mentioned, but the sku updates do nothing.

I downloaded the SKU updates for both europe and north america, tried them both repeatedly and have had no luck. Not sure what the conclusion was of the previous posters, but I'm at the end of my tether.  If there's something I can do short of buying European SC4, please someone let me know.

Thanks.

Originally posted by: JMFC000 I bought a US version of SC4 and a European version of Rush Hour.  I have all the bugs that you mentioned, but the sku updates do nothing.

I downloaded the SKU updates for both europe and north america, tried them both repeatedly and have had no luck. Not sure what the conclusion was of the previous posters, but I'm at the end of my tether.  If there's something I can do short of buying European SC4, please someone let me know.

Thanks.quote>

I've got the same issue, I can only find European versions of Rush Hour around too. It's driving me insane. I thought Vista was the culprit.

It doesn't seem logical to me that they would work together. You can get the Deluxe version from amazon.com for less than 15 USD. I don't know if that would work for you, but it's the best I can think of.

The most annoying thing in my case is they are the only versions of Sim City I can find, both have Australian ratings printed on their covers. Luckily I know someone with older versions so I'll be able to sort it out eventually.

I bought the Sim City 4 in USA, the game works fine. Then i bought the Sim City Rush Hour in South America, but the Rush Hour didn't work. I download the update but it didn't work. What can I do?

ok storms...we got that the first time...but this isnt about the uk and usa...its about the others...we're glad yours works...that isnt the point here, so please stop acting like you're so much better than everyone else.